Match thread

Maybe Randy can sell us to someone who will enter us into the MLS?  We might win that!

Moves to North America, and suddenly wants us to play over there... 

Just got back from the match. It was great. I met Joe Cole, Cieran Clark, Bent, Gabby, Guzan, and of course Kozak. I had a nice chat with Kozak as well. Benteke gave me a wink as the only Villa fan in a sea of orange. Match wasn't that amazing but it was a great experience nonetheless. I have to say, Grealish looks like he has some serious potential.  

• Like 3

Worrying lack of quality at times but I'll put that down to the heat in hope that it was nothing more !

Typical pre-season stuff - lots of running and passing but no real purpose nor any great desire to actually score goals. Grealish looked neat, Hutton looked dynamic going forward, Senderos looked composed, the rest looked largely like they were doing a light training session !

One positive is that last season's pre-season games were made up of 70% seniors and 30% youth with little chance of making the first team whereas this pre-season we appear to have two XIs made up of senior players plus (today) Okore, Cole, Vlaar, Kozic, Benteke still to come ...... not many world beaters plus certainly plenty of depth and experience this time around.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

Â