Match thread

It's best to take this game for what it was.... a friendly in an overly hot humid climate against a team that itself is trying to define itself having only won 6 games this season and one of those against a non MLS side Laredo. (Yes you may well ask where the F is Laredo apart from featuring in an oft sung Cowboy song ?)

The thing I have noticed so far this pre season is that Hutton is fitter than most and playing decently as a right wing back. If only his crosses were as effective as Albrightons.

Richardson has also shown some bright touches and when he was subbed for Delph suddenly we noticed that N'Zogbia was on the park.

Senderos is steady and should be with his experience and when paired with Ron Vlaar we may hope that the back four are solid.

Gardner and Grealish are both showing promise and I hope that they get a chance to stay with the first team this season.

We have to remember that Houston Dynamo's CB's have not set the world on fire this season and even though it's early in the pre season I would have liked to have seen a more cohesive attacking midfield.

Bent didnt get any service of any note and hardly got a touch the time he was on the pitch. The one opportunity he got late in the second half so surprised him that it went begging.

I hope that from another angle that ball was unplayable because those are the kinds of balls that bent used to trade on.

Our forwards were a lot like Uruguay after Suarez got sent home...toothless. The winning goal it should be noted was scored by our often criticised RB Joe Bennett from a cross from Weimann on the left side. What ????? Yes it is hard to get one's head around that but a goal is a goal is a goal and when it is the only goal of the game...we will take it!

Let's pray that Benteke and Kozak recover 110% from their respective injuries because as of yet I haven't seen much from our forwards that give me any degree of comfort.

WE still need an attacking midfielder that has some ability to unlock Premier League Defences. On tonights showing we weren't able to apply sustained pressure on the Dynamo defence and that ought to be worrisome for Lambert & Keane . (Sounds like a brand of cigarettes doesn't it ? Lambert & Keane

Did anyone enjoy the Houston Cheerleaders pulling down the hoardings with advertising on them before each corner. Some one in their media department should have a chat with the referees so that the referees allow enough time for the commercial to run. A bit like American Footballs TV time outs.

A couple of times I was annoyed because we could easily have missed critical goals..but then I was a little optimistic wasn';t I !! Goals ??? What a concept !!

J-Bowz thought Weimann how to cross like he did for the goal. His legacy lives on...

The useless bastard must have taught you how to spell. ;)

I took the original post to mean that Bowery has telekinetic abilities and "thought" the ability to cross into Weimann... No? Just me?

J-Bowz thought Weimann how to cross like he did for the goal. His legacy lives on...

The useless bastard must have taught you how to spell. ;)

I took the original post to mean that Bowery has telekinetic abilities and "thought" the ability to cross into Weimann... No? Just me?
Yeah that's exactly what I meant, davkaus obviously got his wires crossed. ;) Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Â