Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

I would have walked out of Attack of the Clones because of Hayden Christansen if I wasn't on a date.

I was literally looking around the cinema to see if everyone else had the same look of disgust on their face that i'm sure I had. The ewoks were a bit shit but give me a **** whole trilogy of them before one more scene with Hayden Christiansen ffs.

Jake Lloyd was poor but forgivable. Kids.

Hayden Christiansen was the single greatest casting **** up in the history of film.

Edited by ThunderPower_14
  • Like 3

80% of that film is aimed at 8 year olds

i remember at least 60% of that film being about trade agreements.

With 75% of the characters having awful accents

Some of the new characters named

The names of characters played by John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Daisy Ridley in Star Wars: The Force Awakens have been revealed in a set of trading cards.

Director JJ Abrams confirmed the names via some old school trading cards, in a humorous nod to when the films were first released in the 1970s.

Boyega's card showed his character to be called Finn, with Ridley's named Rey and Isaac's known as Poe Dameron.

The football-like droid, seen in the recent trailer, was revealed as BB:8.

Link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30445082

Jupitus is correct. The prequels were rubbish. Doesn't change the fact he is an obese unfunny clearing in the woods though.

Are you implying that he's more correct or less correct because of his weight and humour? Or was this irrelevant ad hominem?

True. The last trilogy was awful.. too much CGI and the acting was appalling.

I pray episode 7 is better.

The irony is that the Phantom Menace alone had more practical FX shots and model work than the original trilogy combined and each prequel had more and more practical and model shots.

The irony is that the Phantom Menace alone had more practical FX shots and model work than the original trilogy combined and each prequel had more and more practical and model shots.

It's almost like cinema has evolved since the late 70s.

• Like 2

My point was that the prequels get slated for being CG fests when the truth is they arent.

My point was that the prequels get slated for being CG fests when the truth is they arent.

The two don't necessarily connect, your evidence is circumstantial. The originals relied less on effects and more on character and story full stop (opinion, granted).

The two don't necessarily connect, your evidence is circumstantial. The originals relied less on effects and more on character and story full stop (opinion, granted).

But then they just didn't have all of the effects we have now. I'm sure I read that the reason George Lucas was so reluctant to release the original versions of the original trilogy was because he later CGI filled 'special editions' showed the film more as he imagined it.

Though I do agree that the new trilogy was heavy on CGI, it didn't ruin it for me.

It's just the look of CGI that is the issue. Same thing with The Hobbit. They look like computer games, and for some reason or another, it distances you from the action and you find it hard to believe in what is happening on screen & subsequently care about the characters.

At least that's my experience. I seem willing to suspend disbelief up until the moment it looks fake.

• 3 weeks later...
Â