Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

It wouldn't be a shock. The trailers have been pretty grim, the moment Ian McDiarmid cackled you knew this was at risk of being a stinker.

Arguably Last Jedi also left them in a hole with its ending basically leaving the Not-Rebels as about 10 people. Meaning this film is going to to have to do some whacky stuff to get an old fashioned Star Wars spectacle romp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The other thing doomcock said was that no one will confirm it obviously but the budget has ballooned to $300m

There’s an element of natural mistrust in believing someone wearing a urinal shaped mask and calling themselves doomcock.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well episode 2 (of The Mandalorian) didn't go in the direction or style I hope'd it would. Not that it was awful but still.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a pure kids show aimed at selling Yoda jr and Boba Fett-ish toys for the holidays.

Has always been, and always will be an element of this in Star Wars, from Jawas to Ewoks to whatever the f those penguin/seal/hamsters were in TLJ

But if the story is not interesting enough and it's a too cynical thin veneer of "familiar things from old movies" over a weak story then I will lose interest.

This was a let down from the promising pilot IMO

Edited by sne

On 14/11/2019 at 16:53, theboyangel said:

Allegedly test screenings for Episode IX have been disastrous :( 

they’re going to screw this up royally aren’t they? (If the Last Jedi wasn’t bad enough - in places!) 

Such as in cinemas and on TV screens.

Image result for cheeky wink gif

• Like 3

Pah! Just no pleasing some people! Inner 4 year old dAVe80 is absolutely loving Then Mandalorian. Jawas, characters (or similar looking) from Empire and Jedi, Yoda Jr, and a Boba looking dude! If you'd told me I could watch a TV show like this, when I was a kid, my head would have exploded. I have spoken. 

• Like 4

On 22/11/2019 at 11:10, stewiek2 said:

For those wanting something to happen in the Mandalorian, episode 3 doesn't disappoint. Best episode yet.

Oh yeah. That episode just about makes up for the Last Jedi and the other mistakes that Disney have made.

Spoiler

Group of booster backpack flying Mandalorians FTW!

I’m taking the kids on the opening Friday morning. No doubt they’ll love it, which will hopefully be enough for me!

I’m expecting to walk away very disappointed but probably also relieved it’ll be all over and no further damage can be done to the original canon. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Â