Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Still looking like one of the better things Disney has come up with with the property.

Also the guys who rushed to finish Game of Thrones and made a complete hash of it so they could go so other stuff like a Star Wars series aren't doing said series anymore. Which is nice.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Also the guys who rushed to finish Game of Thrones and made a complete hash of it so they could go so other stuff like a Star Wars series aren't doing said series anymore. Which is nice.

for the rumoured $200m Netflix have thrown their way im not surprised if they asked the question how they have the time to do both

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

Still looking like one of the better things Disney has come up with with the property.

Anything with Werner Herzog's voice over immediately gets 10/10.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first episode of The Mandalorian and it's pretty promising.

It looks gorgeous but still gritty enough to not become Star Trek.

As expected it's pretty much a spaghetti western story set in the Star Wars universe, as it should be.

Strong hints of For a Few Dollars More with the Mandalorian as Eastwood and the IG-88 droid as Lee Van Cleef :D .

But with a twist/Easter egg the size of a small moon.

Lots of familiar stuff without being just a skin thrown on. It actually looks and feels right to me being someone who grew up with the original films.

Obviously not perfect, and for a pilot the 38 minute run time is really short and it did feel a bit rushed.

But on a whole not a bad effort by Favreau

• Like 4

@sne are they releasing them weekly or have they uploaded the whole series at once ready for a weekend binge?

Judging by your post I'd assume the former...probably makes sense if it's the only thing on Disney+ worth watching as an adult atm as otherwise everyone will just sign up for a month (or free trial if there is such a thing).

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

@sne are they releasing them weekly or have they uploaded the whole series at once ready for a weekend binge?

Judging by your post I'd assume the former...probably makes sense if it's the only thing on Disney+ worth watching as an adult atm as otherwise everyone will just sign up for a month (or free trial if there is such a thing).

It's weekly sadly.

But ep 2 is out on the 15th, after that it's 1 per week.

I'm hoping the future episodes are a bit longer than the first one was.

Really enjoyed episode 1. Loved that he didn't take his helmet off, the interaction with IG-11. Nice twist/reveal at the end. It looks gorgeous, with a Rogue One grit.

Only complaint - 40 minutes was far too short, flew by.

Bring on episode two!

I thought it was OK in the whole good in parts, a lot of World building which surprised me and not a lot of character building which has to get better, main character ticks the box, the animal riding stuff didn't, thought the production quality was lower than I expected, huge difference between this and the films in make up / costume, cgi and set design 

Definitely lots to build on and go at 

Took me an hour to finally realise who the black fella was who paid him 

So you guys all have Disney+ then? Is it worth it? I’m tempted to get it so I can watch this. The wife loves Disney and we are getting our 18month old into the classics now, so might prove useful...?

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

So you guys all have Disney+ then? Is it worth it? I’m tempted to get it so I can watch this. The wife loves Disney and we are getting our 18month old into the classics now, so might be worth it..

Bildresultat för jack sparrow lonely island gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So you guys all have Disney+ then? Is it worth it? I’m tempted to get it so I can watch this. The wife loves Disney and we are getting our 18month old into the classics now, so might prove useful...?

Free month trial. Give it a go. It's worth it for all the classic movies and 90's Marvel cartoons alone (and I guess SW Episodes I-VIII).

It's kind of funny though how we're heading full circle back into cable tv situations. Having all these fragmented services isn't going to be sustainable. They're all going to band together at some point.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:04, sne said:

Lots of familiar stuff

I chuckled at the frying Kowakian monkey-lizard with the other one looking on with a rather worried expression :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â