Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

13 hours ago, sne said:

They are not going to do the Kylo turns light side Rey turn dark side are they?

That would be poop.

I've seen worse theories

Spoiler

palpatine exists as a spirit who can inhabit other people

which leads to the theory that rey is a clone engineered for him to do it

• Haha 1

On 16/08/2019 at 09:22, villa4europe said:

chasing the easy £££ again, they have an entire galaxy worth of options to explore...and keep re-treading ground no one wants to see

easier than creating new iconic characters 

Although we all know the flaws of the 1-3 prequels, Obi Wan played by Ewan McGregor is an epic character that's loved by many fans. 

Disney have actually done both. You have the Mandalorian (new story) and the ObiWan series.

I for one am looking forward to seeing the Obi Wan story, his connection with Quai Gon and his life in exile. It's a big question mark in the whole series and I can't wait to see how they are going to go about it.

BUT if they don't throw in 'Hello There' at some point, they can GTFO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Although we all know the flaws of the 1-3 prequels, Obi Wan played by Ewan McGregor is an epic character that's loved by many fans. 

Disney have actually done both. You have the Mandalorian (new story) and the ObiWan series.

I for one am looking forward to seeing the Obi Wan story, his connection with Quai Gon and his life in exile. It's a big question mark in the whole series and I can't wait to see how they are going to go about it.

BUT if they don't throw in 'Hello There' at some point, they can GTFO.

Get out of here with your positivity! 

There is also two new trilogies in development, which will explore completely different parts of the SW Universe. 

I am excited about the new films and the future beyond that. 

he was exactly that, he was in exile, he lived in a cave, kept his head down and kept a watch full eye over Luke whilst ensuring the empire couldn't find him, it will be boring, its safe (ish) there and easy to hide, that's why they picked it

the idea that he getting in to all sorts of adventures and scrapes whilst toddler Luke is in the background just doesn't work for me, its too close to other material which means they have to stay true to the other material which they cant / wont

the Mandalorian isn't so bad, IG-88 is in there but that's about it so far, at least they moved away from boba fett getting his own stuff

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he was exactly that, he was in exile, he lived in a cave, kept his head down and kept a watch full eye over Luke whilst ensuring the empire couldn't find him, it will be boring, its safe (ish) there and easy to hide, that's why they picked it

the idea that he getting in to all sorts of adventures and scrapes whilst toddler Luke is in the background just doesn't work for me, its too close to other material which means they have to stay true to the other material which they cant / wont

the Mandalorian isn't so bad, IG-88 is in there but that's about it so far, at least they moved away from boba fett getting his own stuff

Why can't they/why won't they? They did stay true to other material in Rogue One which I consider the best film since Empire Strikes Back.

I just don't understand the negativity towards the Disney films. They will not and cannot recreate the magic of 70s/80s but they have given us a very interesting continuation to the franchise that appeals all sets of fans.

Don't like Obi Wan? Watch Mandalorian. Don't like series? Watch the new movie. Don't like the new story? Go back to Obi Wan. 

I feel like most people want a 30 year old hairy chested Harrison Ford to pop back on screen with a hand built model of an X Wing filmed with no CGI. Unfortunately, this won't happen.  

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There is already material covering some of this time in the comics and they are classed as canon. 

‘The journals of old Ben Kenobi’ 

He doesn’t just sit in a cave for 15 years+ and he does get into a scrape or two. 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

There is already material covering some of this time in the comics and they are classed as canon. 

‘The journals of old Ben Kenobi’ 

He doesn’t just sit in a cave for 15 years+ and he does get into a scrape or two. 

Even the Revenge of the Sith indicated that Yoda had a task for him while he is in exile. There is plenty of story telling to do, and I thank God it Ewan McGregor that will continue the Obi Wan story. 

• Like 1

I've quite enjoyed the newer films, warts and all, so I'm probably among the least discerning/most easily pleased but bahgawd that trailer shot of a legion of Star Destroyers made me wet.

• Like 1

Kenobi I'm looking forward to. The Kenobi novel has him a bit like old man Logan with a real feel of an old western. He is hard bitten but is forced out of exile. It's a pretty good read. And Ewan is always top drawer.

The double saber that Darth Rey wields is seen in Rebels so is canon.

I love Star Wars. And as long as films are being made based on the star wars universe, I’m going to watch them at the cinema and then probably purchase the digital copy. 

It was a big part of my childhood, and the fact that I thought it all came to an end a numbers of years ago was upsetting at the time. More films the better! 

• Like 3

On 26/08/2019 at 21:32, sne said:

They are not going to do the Kylo turns light side Rey turn dark side are they?

That would be poop.

Reminds me of Bret Hart vs Steve Austin at Wrestlemania :P

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Star Wars Infinity War 

or Fan Service the movie.

Looks nice thou, Abrams giving the fans what they want.

How they let Rian Johnson make that abortion of a film that is The Last Jedi I will never understand.

• Like 2

Â