Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

thought the acting at some points were very poor.

Absolutely. Incredibly cheesy acting and writing.

Which I would usually excuse because it's **** Star Wars. But when the rest of it is quite crap too it's harder to do that.

• Like 1

With first J.J Abrams, then Rian Johnson for this one and then Abrams again for the 3rd it's starting to feel a bit like that "folded paper drawing game". 

Only Rian Johnson had seen Abrams first drawing and tried to piss on and make his one's as far from Abrams idea as possible.

It's all a bit

Relaterad bild

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ll welcome the return of Abrams. He made a much better movie. 

But can he make a better version of Return of the Jedi? Can the porgs use logs to smash an ATST in a rainforest (so it's different, see?).

;)

*hasnt seen Last Jedi*

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

This is from a few years back, but I only just saw it, and it made me laugh a bit too much.

I maintain the funniest thing the Red Letter Media guys have ever done is this

It's long, but when I first saw this I was literally crying at parts laughing.

Well i watched it tonight

come back Jar Jar all is forgiven , easily the worst Star Wars film of the lot ... and possible the worst film I’ve seen in 2017

i saw Ridley in murder on the orient express the other week so I know she can act a bit , but her acting was wooden and it felt like she’d never rehearsed her lines and was reading the dialogue of giant boards at times

those cute penguins that serve no purpose other than for Disney to sell more merchandise should have been jettisoned  into a black hole  ... they gave it a 12 rating but seem to have aimed it at 6 year olds 

it was just meh , meh and more meh 

the scene with Leia blown off the bridge and then floating in space before using superman like powers of flight to get back to the ship should have seen mass walk outs and cinemas attacked with pitchforks ... if nothing else that was the point Star Wars officially died ...rip Star Wars [/quote]

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

i saw Ridley in murder on the orient express the other week so I know she can act a bit , but her acting was wooden and it felt like she’d never rehearsed her lines and was reading the dialogue of giant boards at times

Let's face it, you don't go to Star Wars for quality acting and dialogue. Some of the acting in the original trilogy is absolutely painful!

I think it's getting away with the flaws from the critics because it is star wars. 

If other movies had a 30 minute scene that was so utterly stupid and pointless it would be criticised for it  

If other movies in a franchise completely ignored events and ideas set up in previous ones it would be criticised for it. 

It feels as though there are not many critics brave enough to go against the biggest franchise in cinema history. 

For me there are parts that are so stupid it just pulls me out of the movie and the story i'm engaged with. 

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's getting away with the flaws from the critics because it is star wars. 

If other movies had a 30 minute scene that was so utterly stupid and pointless it would be criticised for it  

If other movies in a franchise completely ignored events and ideas set up in previous ones it would be criticised for it. 

It feels as though there are not many critics brave enough to go against the biggest franchise in cinema history. 

For me there are parts that are so stupid it just pulls me out of the movie and the story i'm engaged with. 

I think its being dissected to the nth degree far more than any other film would personally. I don't see page long rants about childhoods being ruined in other films. I think we should intervene at schools and tell young kids - "look you might get excited by some cultural artefact, and that's great, but if you decide it's going to determine your happiness levels, you're a chuffing idiot, now please carry on developing emotionally in a healthy fashion, ta."

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I think its being dissected to the nth degree far more than any other film would personally. I don't see page long rants about childhoods being ruined in other films. I think we should intervene at schools and tell young kids - "look you might get excited by some cultural artefact, and that's great, but if you decide it's going to determine your happiness levels, you're a chuffing idiot, now please carry on developing emotionally in a healthy fashion, ta."

It is but it is the biggest franchise in cinema history. 

I think the ruined childhood stuff is rubbish and extreme but pointing out things in a film that make no sense or have ignored all events and ideas before it are fair criticisms

47 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Blimey, it’s more divisive than Brexit. 

Seems like a weird dynamic where everyone who saw it in the first 48 hours after it was released loved it, and then everyone who has seen it in the last five days was majorly disappointed. 

I'm still going to go, but with considerably more trepidation now. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seems like a weird dynamic where everyone who saw it in the first 48 hours after it was released loved it, and then everyone who has seen it in the last five days was majorly disappointed. 

I'm still going to go, but with considerably more trepidation now. 

Everyone I know who’s seen it, loved (Admittedly that’s only about 8 people at the moment). 

At the screening I went to, people were applauding at the end. 

I was amazed to see the online reactions over the following days. 

• Like 2

Yeah the vitriol is crazy. I am going to see it again at some point, no doubt with all these arguments in the back of my mind. It wasn't perfect, but at the very least the film is coherent, some of the humour missed for me, it's too long and there is a diversionary scene, which whilst I was happy with, others found took it out of the main plot line, which is fair enough, but certainly I cannot understand people calling it a disaster.  

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

I think its being dissected to the nth degree far more than any other film would personally. 

I don’t. Well, you’re right it probably is.

What I mean is you don’t have to dissect it to the nth degree to find a lot of fault. 

Quite possibly the most important part of the film was completely ludicrous. It’s not a plot hole, it’s a plot chasm. 

I’ll say it again, until the last half hour it’s one of the most boring films I’ve seen in years. 

And that last half an hour only happens because of aforementioned ludicrous plot chasm. 

Again, I love Star Wars and I’ve loved both the previous Disney efforts. But this was awful in comparison. 

• Like 1

Â