');
    • limpid

      Just visiting?   27/12/16

      Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Ginko

Star Wars: Disney Era

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, hogso said:

I saw 'not as good as rogue one' which didn't fill me with, ahem, 'hope'.

That guy was a lone voice on Twitter from what I saw. I saw his tweet saying better than FA, but not as good as RO. 

The general feeling seemed to be it was the best since Empire and very 'emotional' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they're hardly going to say 'Read all the spoilers!' are they :D Question - was thinking of going to see this at an imax, but I can't find any 2D imax showings. Is there no such thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'm all for it given that i've booked in to get a Star Wars tattoo next month!

You're joking...aren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict...

Spoiler

Kylo Ren: "I killed my father."

Luke: "No, I am your father."

 

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

That guy was a lone voice on Twitter from what I saw. I saw his tweet saying better than FA, but not as good as RO. 

The general feeling seemed to be it was the best since Empire and very 'emotional' 

Thats very confusing for me when i thought FA was better than RO, and RO was better than Empire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hogso said:

Well they're hardly going to say 'Read all the spoilers!' are they :D Question - was thinking of going to see this at an imax, but I can't find any 2D imax showings. Is there no such thing?

you know what i mean ;)

dont read the spoilers suggests that they've built in a good twist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

you know what i mean ;)

dont read the spoilers suggests that they've built in a good twist

Yes, you'd hope so. Along similar lines the 'this isn't going to go the way you think it will' thing is promising. I suppose the writers/producers were always going to attempt to emulate a moment like the end of TESB. I'm not a huge star wars fan, but I love a good bit of sci fi / fantasy, so if I get invested in it and there's a big reveal or some such towards the end of the 2 and a half hour run time that works, I'll be happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an apparent spoiler for this ages ago that, if it comes to pass, would probably have me doing the old Seinfeld throw your hands up and walk out moment.

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen The Force Awakens but I may go and see The Last Jedi as I quite like Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I read an apparent spoiler for this ages ago that, if it comes to pass, would probably have me doing the old Seinfeld throw your hands up and walk out moment.

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan mind.

Let me guess, one major character who was thought to be unrelated to another major character turns out to be very closely related indeed?

I'm guessing Boyega and Ridley are brother and sister. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Let me guess, one major character who was thought to be unrelated to another major character turns out to be very closely related indeed?

I'm guessing Boyega and Ridley are brother and sister. 

I'd roll my eyes at another familial relationship, but it's almost expected from Star Wars.

No, this was worse than that imo. Possible significant spoilers for the new film (and the one after, maybe). But I hope to **** not.

Spoiler

The spoiler from what I recall was that Rey is basically the resurrection of Vader, that she's another space Jesus with crazy powers and is pretty much Vader's soul in a new body but hadn't been aware of her abilities and her background.

Supposedly there are numerous hints towards this in the Force Awakens and I'm pretty sure there's more nods towards it in the trailers for this film. I'm very hopeful these are red herrings, because there's something incredibly shit about that plot. The virgin birth thing was always shit with Vader, doing it again but with Vader's soul basically coming back in a new body is especially shite.

Thankfully it looks like this started as a fan theory and didn't widely get picked up so hopefully is nonsense. But you never know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't spoil anything until most of you have seen it but it was amazing. Really different from anything that has come before it. If TFA was too reminiscent of ANH, this isn't like anything else. Go see it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I won't spoil anything until most of you have seen it but it was amazing. Really different from anything that has come before it. If TFA was too reminiscent of ANH, this isn't like anything else. Go see it.

Working at 7am tomorrow, but seeing the midnight showing here. Excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I won't spoil anything until most of you have seen it but it was amazing. Really different from anything that has come before it. If TFA was too reminiscent of ANH, this isn't like anything else. Go see it.

This is spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 18:25, Chindie said:

I'd roll my eyes at another familial relationship, but it's almost expected from Star Wars.

No, this was worse than that imo. Possible significant spoilers for the new film (and the one after, maybe). But I hope to **** not.

  Hide contents

The spoiler from what I recall was that Rey is basically the resurrection of Vader, that she's another space Jesus with crazy powers and is pretty much Vader's soul in a new body but hadn't been aware of her abilities and her background.

Supposedly there are numerous hints towards this in the Force Awakens and I'm pretty sure there's more nods towards it in the trailers for this film. I'm very hopeful these are red herrings, because there's something incredibly shit about that plot. The virgin birth thing was always shit with Vader, doing it again but with Vader's soul basically coming back in a new body is especially shite.

Thankfully it looks like this started as a fan theory and didn't widely get picked up so hopefully is nonsense. But you never know.

Saw it earlier. You'll be pleased to know this isn't hinted at at all. Rey isn't the resurrection of Vader.

It's good. Very good. It's not the gushing masterpiece the reviews would have you believe but very enjoyable and has some great moments. For me, the humour worked. Great CGI on Snoke, the Rey 'interrogation' scene hinted at in the trailers is great. Need more time to digest it and see again but Empire's place is safe as the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 18:25, Chindie said:

I'd roll my eyes at another familial relationship, but it's almost expected from Star Wars.

No, this was worse than that imo. Possible significant spoilers for the new film (and the one after, maybe). But I hope to **** not.

  Hide contents

The spoiler from what I recall was that Rey is basically the resurrection of Vader, that she's another space Jesus with crazy powers and is pretty much Vader's soul in a new body but hadn't been aware of her abilities and her background.

Supposedly there are numerous hints towards this in the Force Awakens and I'm pretty sure there's more nods towards it in the trailers for this film. I'm very hopeful these are red herrings, because there's something incredibly shit about that plot. The virgin birth thing was always shit with Vader, doing it again but with Vader's soul basically coming back in a new body is especially shite.

Thankfully it looks like this started as a fan theory and didn't widely get picked up so hopefully is nonsense. But you never know.

Saw it earlier. You'll be pleased to know this isn't hinted at at all. Rey isn't the resurrection of Vader.

It's good. Very good. It's not the gushing masterpiece the reviews would have you believe but very enjoyable and has some great moments. For me, the humour worked. Great CGI on Snoke, the Rey 'interrogation' scene hinted at in the trailers is great. Need more time to digest it and see again but Empire's place is safe as the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites