Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

On 9/13/2017 at 01:31, Chindie said:

JJ Abrams confirmed for IX.

Quick someone get a copy of the Return of the Jedi script and change a few names. It worked so well for Force Awakens!

Well I loved the Force Awakens, cant tell you how many times I have watched it.  Fully understand the jibe you have given it but I didnt care and being a big nerd on Stars Wars that I am from the films and having read most of the books now, I loved it. So bring on JJ.......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good, looks like the dark middle film although I think it's trying to be clever with its editing, snoke at the start is talking to Rey , that at the end will be a set up, the fight between Finn and phasma with the light reflecting off her looked cool

I must admit there's something about that that doesn't look very Star Wars-y. Obviously the movies have to change but in my head those films have a distinct look, and the weird heavy red colouring and filters seems really out of place. The design doesn't quite look right either.

I can't say I'm really blown away by it. But I'm not a Star Wars fan really.

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Must admit, the new trailer hasn't grabbed me like previous ones. Still looking forward to watching it though obviously!

Same. The other trailers (Force Awakens and Rogue One) were jaw dropping. This just seems a bit... meh. 

• Like 1

I rather liked that TFA was very much a homage to the original Star Wars and repeated much of the same story and scenes.

There is a balance (to the force) thou and I hope they don't do it again and make The Last Jedi too much of a copy of The Empire Strikes Back.

From the look of that trailer we have the AT AT's, the Jedi master training his padawan (who potentially finds a truth about themselves in a cave) , the Millennium Falcon in a cave, the ice planet with strange fauna, one of the protagonists captured, new Darth offering his hand to new Skywalker,...

Just a trailer and they may very well have once again focused at promoting just those things. Like they did with the first movie.

Looks OK to me, looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

but the 9th film?

which one was not an episode?

Rogue One was a prequel or "bridging the gap" movie. Doesn't count.

Like the Ewok Adventure movies :D

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

but the 9th film?

which one was not an episode?

Rogue One is 'a Star Wars Story', not an episode. All of these spin off films are considered slightly different things. Originally they were called Anthology films.

• 5 weeks later...

Disney Announces New Star WarsTrilogy

As Lucasfilm launched its resurgence with Kathleen Kennedy at the helm, there were two key projects it was banking on: a trilogy centered on the Skywalkers, and a series of stand-alone anthology films. While the trilogy—including The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi—has been developing steadily for the most part, Lucas has had a harder time behind-the-scenes with the anthology films, including Rogue One and the upcoming Solo. That may be why, in the future, Lucas will return to more stable roots with a new planned trilogy—and The Last Jedi writer and director Rian Johnson at the helm for all three.

The trilogy will be separate from the Skywalker saga and will, according to an official announcement on StarWars.com, “introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.” 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/new-star-wars-trilogy-rian-johnson-porgs

Interesting it's going to be from "a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."  Tipton perhaps?

Â