Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whilst cooking the other day, I put on some video about Star Wars (I think it was a nerdwriter one, if you haven't watched any of his stuff, it's worth a look (it isn't all Star Wars)), and as I was preoccupied, youtube started playing other videos afterwards, of a similar theme.

One of these mentioned that Anakin was immaculately conceived. This has completely passed me by in the Star Wars mythos.

I've since looked up some fan theories, and a novel that suggests his birth was the result of some sort of experiment by Darth Plagueis. So the force pretty just magiced up Anakin as 'the chosen one' to counteract his actions.

Could Rey have been immaculatly conceived too? For what purpose? What do the majority of devoted fans believe on both Anakins birth and Rey's parentage?

I believe that Daisy Ridley (#would) has indicated somewhere that her parentage is 'obvious' in The Force Awakens. I don't think it is if you are watching it with an open mind and not already in on the secret. It is thought that she could be a Kenobi. Others still believe she is another Skywalker. I don't know what to believe... even if she is another Mary Sue/Immaculate conception quirk of fate.

On 27/05/2017 at 16:22, villa4europe said:

The Lego sets for the new film look awesome

And they have given away a bit of a 'secret' regarding the main villain.....

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tegis said:

Star Wars’ Han Solo spinoff directors quit in the middle of shooting

They obviously should have shot first, and then quit. (sorry)

greedo.gif

When I was little I always thought Greedo looked quite nice and friendly and would be the sort of alien I would like to be friends with. Turns out he's a bit of a word removed. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Hmmm this was the one origin movie I didn't want them to make. 

There's so many cool characters in the Star Wars universe so I was disappointed that they opted for an easy and lazy option of Han Solo. 

doesn't bode well does it. 

Hoping it gets canned for a max rebo biopic.

sad times when droopy McCool got hooked on angel dust but loved the inter-band rivalry with figrin d'an and the modal nodes 

• Like 1

I don't think there's much chance of it being canned, they've nearly finished filming.

Rumour has it they have gone as it steps too far away from what people expect of Star Wars/Han Solo. Might be becoming a recurring theme, Rogue One got large reshoots to, allegedly, make it more Star Wars-y.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I don't think there's much chance of it being canned, they've nearly finished filming.

Rumour has it they have gone as it steps too far away from what people expect of Star Wars/Han Solo. Might be becoming a recurring theme, Rogue One got large reshoots to, allegedly, make it more Star Wars-y.

I was a little sarky with the canned comments to be fair. 

Just hope it isn't too disneyfied. 

On 26/05/2017 at 12:27, Raver50032 said:

I believe that Daisy Ridley (#would) has indicated somewhere that her parentage is 'obvious' in The Force Awakens. I don't think it is if you are watching it with an open mind and not already in on the secret. It is thought that she could be a Kenobi. Others still believe she is another Skywalker. I don't know what to believe... even if she is another Mary Sue/Immaculate conception quirk of fate.

Luke got pissed off just talking to ghosts whilst Han and Leia got it on, so he got tanked up in the forest and shagged an ewok.... it's really right there in front of you....:detect:

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:49, Xela said:

greedo.gif

When I was little I always thought Greedo looked quite nice and friendly and would be the sort of alien I would like to be friends with. Turns out he's a bit of a word removed. 

To be fair, is that not Greedo helping Anakin Sywalker in Episode 1 as part of the Pod Race build up?

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:28, theboyangel said:

Hmmm this was the one origin movie I didn't want them to make. 

There's so many cool characters in the Star Wars universe so I was disappointed that they opted for an easy and lazy option of Han Solo. 

doesn't bode well does it. 

Hoping it gets canned for a max rebo biopic.

sad times when droopy McCool got hooked on angel dust but loved the inter-band rivalry with figrin d'an and the modal nodes 

Lol!!! :)

They need to be careful with Solo, he was my character when I was growing up and badgered my mum for ages to let me have my hair cut like his. I have a concern that this will be a 'miss' rather than a hit. Certainly a 'missed opportunity.' The SW Universe is so big, and so laced with history and characters that could make very good films for ever more. Rogue One was marvellous retro eye candy, I think Solo, because the character is so defined and iconic in Ep 4, 5, and 6 especially, that it's a tough ask for a young actor to pick up the reins. Okay, Ewan Mcgregor, by Episode 3 was making a very good fist of Kenobi. So much so that he was my favourite character in the prequel trilogy.

I really, really want to see it, but my expectations level is quite low. Bit like how I am with Villa right now too.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

Â