Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Yeah the poster is great as a portrayal of Rey as a balance of the force type thing.

A lot of people guessing that Luke is turning evil but my take on his last words from the teaser are that he believes for the sith to be eradicated then the Jedi must be eradicated too if there is to be ultimate balance and peace. If there is one, there is always the other and he sees Rey as a way to bring about that balance. Maybe culminating in Reys death at the end of the saga to assure no Jedi return?

That's my take on it anyway.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Yeah the poster is great as a portrayal of Rey as a balance of the force type thing.

Hide contents

A lot of people guessing that Luke is turning evil but my take on his last words from the teaser are that he believes for the sith to be eradicated then the Jedi must be eradicated too if there is to be ultimate balance and peace. If there is one, there is always the other and he sees Rey as a way to bring about that balance. Maybe culminating in Reys death at the end of the saga to assure no Jedi return?

That's my take on it anyway.

Spoiler

Saw something suggesting that the books with the light on them are original force documents that Luke has found rather than hand me downs editions that have been copy and pasted for thousands of years and lost their original meaning, the balance of the force being that you can be both light and dark

That's the thing it wasn't a trailer, it was a teaser...

2 teasers, 2 trailers, 2 international trailers, 10 tv spots..."they gave away too much"

they might even have learnt something from showing half a film that wasn't there from rogue one

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the thing it wasn't a trailer, it was a teaser...

2 teasers, 2 trailers, 2 international trailers, 10 tv spots..."they gave away too much"

they might even have learnt something from showing half a film that wasn't there from rogue one

Okay teaser then. It was still boring and didn't pique my interest in any way. 

Teaser was ok, it was never going to beat the 'grown men crying like babies' FA one. 

I'd wager heavily that the actual film is better than FA though. It'll be the modern day Empire. 

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Teaser was ok, it was never going to beat the 'grown men crying like babies' FA one. 

I'd wager heavily that the actual film is better than FA though. It'll be the modern day Empire. 

I agree. I also hope it is a better movie because I thought FA was kinda ghey. RO blew it out of the water.

I don't really think it matters if the trailer grabs everyone, does it? I'm sure you'll go and see it anyway.

I mean, I don't care what @Chindie says about the trailer, frankly. At this point he has a moral obligation to see the film and provide a full Chindie Recommendation™ review for VT. 

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars so I'm perhaps not the audience for something like that teaser. I mean i don't actively dislike the films but I'm not terribly invested. So a teaser like that, with little context... Meh.

I'm curious though. How much of this film is going to rehash the beats from the original trilogy (again)? I mean it's obvious a section of this film is going to redo the Yoda training bit from Empire, there's already obviously a Hoth moment... I'd stake good money they pinch a bit from A New Hope and

Spoiler

have the big bad 'strike down' the elder master - Luke is getting Force ghosted by Ren.

At some point it would be interesting to see the films completely break from the old. We've had the soft reboot come sequel, don't rehash everything again.

Even the obvious place they're taking the plot

Spoiler

Luke concluding that balance is the true path of the Force and light v dark is just a self perpetuating conflict between opposing extremes. Ren being a star pupil who became tempted by the pure power of the dark side

isn't that interesting. And then the were rumours of what the plot would entail otherwise a few months ago that were proper throw your hands up and walk away stuff.

So yeah... I'm not exactly hyped by that trailer yesterday.

• Like 1

Â