Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

they've announced that there'll be 3 of them, sure they've announced the director for the 1st one too, but they havent announced who they will focus on, lots of rumours, think boba fett is favourite, yoda and han also heavily rumoured

Most people have probably seen this already but I'll link it again:

It's the Red Letter Media review of The Phantom Menace.  It's 70 minutes long and quite possibly the best thing on the entire internet.  You need to treat it as a film in it's own right and while I concede that the guys "comedy" voice might grate a little, he clearly knows about filmmaking and he absolutely destroys Lucas with some of his criticisms. 

I tend to watch these once a year or so, his reviews of the other films are decent as well.

john boyega does some talking about race doesnt he!

saw something before about him telling a yank reporter that he wasn't african or american he was black, having a bit of a rant about the media focusing on a black man replacing captain america (falcon replacing him according to marvel at comic con)

Villa4europe - the cinematics for the Old Republic game (do you still play?) are fantastic and if we can't get to the stage where we have a genuine live action series, then that style of animation is a very close second for me.

The Clone Wars series - the proper one, not the first iteration attempt of it is quite punchy, given that it is a number of short stories put together in chunks that fill the very big gap in story action between the films Episode 2 and 3. Some of the tales are quite interesting too - some good exploration of the Grievous character, Assaj Ventriss, and even Boba Fett pops up to explore a little more of his background. I haven't seen them all - still need to watch the entire final season, but it's finding the time for it! Still too busy playing The Old Republic on my PC.

For me, the SW Universe is so big that bounty hunters could have their own long running film saga... The Fetts, Mandalorians, Dengar (the bandaged man with the longest gun in SW history), 4-LOM etc.

Episode 7 - better start saving for the action figures and vehicle merchandise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Announced that Star Wars VII is called 'The Force Awakens'

I'd say that sounds a bit lame, but frankly all of the names of the films are a bit lame, so it's fitting really.

hard to tell anything from that title, its a bit boring but not real a big deal, they've dropped "episode 7" from the title too, again not really a big deal

"awakens" suggests to me that a load of new jedi are going to pop up which lets face it wouldnt be a surprise, the films will struggle unless they introduce more jedis and might even struggle if they do inquisitors rather than proper siths, will be interesting to see what rebels does

hard to tell anything from that title, its a bit boring but not real a big deal, they've dropped "episode 7" from the title too, again not really a big deal

"awakens" suggests to me that a load of new jedi are going to pop up which lets face it wouldnt be a surprise, the films will struggle unless they introduce more jedis and might even struggle if they do inquisitors rather than proper siths, will be interesting to see what rebels does

I read into that Luke disappears/goes into recluse after the fall of the Empire but 'something' happens to make him re-emerge and have to train others in the ways of the Force....

• 3 weeks later...
Â