Is Britain still great?

NurembergVillan

Still allowed to drinking cans on the train. Still great.

You can drink where you want in most places. With far less alcohol related disorder.

There's something wonderfully British about drinking on trains though. No matter the time of day, or how far you're travelling, you've got to have a can on the train. It's one of the best traditions we have left.

• Like 3

You can drink where you want in most places. With far less alcohol related disorder.

There's something wonderfully British about drinking on trains though. No matter the time of day, or how far you're travelling, you've got to have a can on the train. It's one of the best traditions we have left.

Its banned on some trains, Merseyrail for one

That's why I'm voting UKIPs.

• Like 1

I never feel Glaswegian enough to give it a go*. I've always felt it is basically compulsory for the Scotch to do it, and only the bravest non-Scotch should venture into that territory.

*By the way I'm lying about all this, Big mon.

I never feel Glaswegian enough to give it a go*. I've always felt it is basically compulsory for the Scotch to do it, and only the bravest non-Scotch should venture into that territory.

*By the way I'm lying about all this, Big mon.

Start out small. A can Guinness or something, rather than going straight for a bottle of Bucky.

Scoursers have to take everything to extreme lengths.  What would be half a can of lager anywhere else in the country would be a 12 pack of Carlsberg Super and a fight on Merseyrail.  Take bonfire night; in most of the country it's a family-friendly reminder of a piece of British history, in Liverpool it's an excuse to launch rockets at planes coming into land.  Halloween outside of Merseyside consists of a few kids in sheets knocking on your do in return for for a packet of Haribo.  In Liverpool it's Mischief (Mizzy) night with hundreds of arrests and calls to police.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yes -- too great for the British, actually. If you're British, you may not understand that, but I often find myself feeling that the greatness of Britain is wasted on the British.

Is that a compliment? An insult? A bit of both? Have no idea!

Yes -- too great for the British, actually. If you're British, you may not understand that, but I often find myself feeling that the greatness of Britain is wasted on the British.

Is that a compliment? An insult? A bit of both? Have no idea!

I'm intrigued. Please go on.
  • Like 1

Â