Kieran Richardson

Nabby

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm one of his biggest critics but I thought he was alright yesterday. Played some surprisingly decent football when not tasked with defending. Still a diabolical footballer mind, but credit where it's due.

What did he do? He was picked as part of our attacking 3. Did he get any crosses in? Did he beat his full back? Did he create any chances?

What did he do?

He was taken to the woodshed on motd last night for his defending of the second goal. Clark was positioned horribly but at least had the excuse that mbokani was behind him. Richardson was looking directly at him and just stood there. The word removed didn't even break into a jog. 

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm one of his biggest critics but I thought he was alright yesterday. Played some surprisingly decent football when not tasked with defending. Still a diabolical footballer mind, but credit where it's due.

Did you happen to be enjoying a few pints of ale whilst watching the game yesterday? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He was taken to the woodshed on motd last night for his defending of the second goal. Clark was positioned horribly but at least had the excuse that mbokani was behind him. Richardson was looking directly at him and just stood there. The word removed didn't even break into a jog. 

I thought it was Clark's fault.

In Richardson defence I think he is a good professional and its not through a lack of trying but he really isnt a Premier League quality player. He was never a full back in his prime so i dont understand why we keep playing him there

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In Richardson defence I think he is a good professional and its not through a lack of trying but he really isnt a Premier League quality player. He was never a full back in his prime so i dont understand why we keep playing him there

he didn't play there yesterday 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Being charitable, you could argue he was ball-watching or just too exhausted to run, but to be honest I think he just couldn't be **** arsed

15 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Our manager does a lot of worrying things. In fact he hasn't done a single impressive thing here thus far. Decisions like this, alongside snubbing Kozak, are just utterly bizarre given our predicament. 

We desperately needed to win this game, so what does he do, play Richardson in left midfield??? If that's not a signal of Garde's lack of ambition in his approach to football I don't know what is. 

Dr. Sometimes I agree with you.  In this post, the only thing we agree on is that we need to win and Remi played Richardson in left midfield. 

1) Snubbing Kozak, like you I don't understand it, but Remi wasn't the first with a membership card in that club.  Kozak has failed to impress anyone but some of us fans that are, IMO, understandably clutching at the dream that SOMEBODY at the club could help things work better.

2) there are other reasons to play richardson that an "lack of ambition"  maybe, Bacuna has shown real weakness at LB and NEEDS a Lmid in front of him to help cover.  Who but Richardson would you suggest.  Please hear me. I think Richardson at fullback is a complete liability and would rather him not be on the pitch.  I just think there may have been a good reason other than Remi has no ambition in his approach.

I think he has done a number of impressive things here thus far.  But granted with a strong nod of agreement, in the Norwich match, few if any of those impressive things were clearly on display.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Being charitable, you could argue he was ball-watching or just too exhausted to run, but to be honest I think he just couldn't be **** arsed

You are indeed being very charitable.

After watching, again and again in growing disbelief then rage, his " contribution" to that second goal, its my view he should be sacked. Risk a clash with the PFA, just sack him.

I'm normally very tolerant of players, and I never understand the level of stick we give them for mistakes, which are part of the game. But I look at his shameful non- effort to track that guy for the goal and think of what this Club means to so many of us,cand how in the same position we would be giving every last drop to get back, and just feel so angry.

I just wish instead of the usual bland questions someone would ask him directly how he justifies that, and ask Garde how he can even consider picking him.

A disgrace.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Richard said:

But does anyone seriously think he won't get picked again this season?

What really really disturbs me is that, let's imagine the Manager is a normal, rational, bloke.

Then he has seen that. That appalling non effort.

Yet from what he sees on the training pitch he still thinks that is the best we have - he still sees more desire and effort from him than, for example, Grealish. How awful does that make the level of application of those who don't get picked ? It doesn't bear thinking about !

• Like 1

On 29/12/2015 at 23:52, PaulC said:

Its quite amazing he has 8 international caps for England but the last of them was nearly 10 years ago. Poor signing by Lambert..

Not really. He was signed on a free as a squad player. Lambert wasn't the one who played him every week.

He's been made to look a worse signing than he was because the previous manager played him nearly every week.

On 30/12/2015 at 09:24, Richard said:

But does anyone seriously think he won't get picked again this season?

As a starter? I think he'll make very few starting appearances for the rest of the season. 

He was only played against Norwich for rotation reasons, I assume.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we paid a fee for Richardson

Oh, I thought it was a free.

Still, I bet it was less than we loaned Ilori for, so doesn't really change my point.

He was signed as a utility backup player and was used as such. He was never meant to be a first team regular (imo) and the fact that the previous manager used him so much made it seem a worse signing than it really was.

Â