Kieran Richardson

Nabby

I thought his thread deserves being bumped up. He was pretty impressive today, much better in possession than I've seen him so far.

Indeed.

I maintain the dislike displayed in this thread is completely unjustified. His versatility and his work rate are an asset and he can play a bit too. The likes of he and Bacuna are perfectly decent squad players we should be pleased to have. 

Agreed.

He's a great squad player.

I wouldn't want him starting every game, but as an option off the bench he's fine.

Yesterday he did very well, the first time ball to Benteke being the standout.

We played better 2nd half, and that was partly down to Richardsons pace and energy, and also the fact that he breaks into the box.The midfield of Sanchez, Cleverley and Westwood actually had a good balance about it.We missed Cleverley when he went off, but you could argue that Joe Cole is even better there.

Get a young Joe Cole alongside Delph and Sanchez, we haven't got a bad midfield.

Not really seen a replay but I thought he possibly bottled that low cross from Gaby as he didn't fancy the collision with Schmeichel.

Haven't seen it again either, but that wasn't my first impression at all.

I think he's a very very good free transfer to have got. He has made some mistakes, but v Leicester he was pretty good and was the one who played the through ball that Benteke bottled.

Yorkie on Sky said we was too safe in the 1st half, and much better in the 2nd.We had more chances in the 2nd because we moved the ball forward quicker, and injected pace into the midfield.Now i'm not saying Richardson is our answer to our midfield , but i think he made a difference yday.

Was it Richardson who played the through ball for Benteke when he went 1v1?

Correct.

Was a nice ball that, wish we'd try through balls like that more often. Cleverley and Westwood need to try something a bit more adventurous and unpredictable at times, take a risk here and there.

Edited by PieFacE

My baggies supporting family wax lyrical about Richardson and can't believe he doesn't start every game. Apparently was their best player when he was loaned there a few years back.

I must admit, I do think he's quite underrated on here and elsewhere.

My baggies supporting family wax lyrical about Richardson and can't believe he doesn't start every game. Apparently was their best player when he was loaned there a few years back.

I must admit, I do think he's quite underrated on here and elsewhere.

That few years back is now 10 years ago. Amazing how time flies.

• Like 1

Â