Kieran Richardson

Nabby

First time I've seen him live and wasn't very impressed, hopefully he just had a bad game

The opening day aside, I thought yesterday was reflective of his performances in general.

Dreadful yesterday, ambled around the pitch, failed to put any pressure on the Everton midfield and allowed them far too much time on the ball. We can't play him and N'Zog together as they don't track the midfield runners.

Seemed to have a decent engine, closed players down well, intelligent enough as you would except from a former united player.

Kept the shape of the team and would often stretch play and get behind a man and open up a team.

I don't know where the **** any of that has gone recently, maybe struggling for confidence.

He can cover more positions than Albrighton which makes him more useful to have in the squad and I'd like to think he isn't on £30k-per-week, the amount it reportedly would've taken to keep Albrighton here. Though you never know.

Edited by Isa

He can cover more positions than Albrighton which makes him more useful to have in the squad and I'd like to think he isn't on £30k-per-week, the amount it reportedly would've taken to keep Albrighton here. Though you never know.

He may cover more positions but he's just not very good at them.

Hands down Albrighton every time for me.

I don't get the dislike. I think he's an incredibly average player, but we are aiming to be an incredibly average team. If we had better players around him, or if he were on the bench, I don't think we'd be concerned with his averageness at all.

I'll say this for him, I thought he was poor Saturday but at least he stood up and had a go at trying to create something. As previously stated, the players in front of him were busy playing musical statues.

Two totally different players;.

But both playing in the same position.

I don't remember Albrighton playing CM.

That's interesting because I didn't think Richardson applies his trade as CM either :-)

Edited by Kingman

Â