Official VT World Cup Prediction League: Play Off and Final

villaajax

I think it would be fun in the prem, but that'd be a ton of work for whoever organized it.

Yep.

I think one way around it would be a few people having access to the spreadsheet on google docs or something, at least if there were more people doing the work it'd become easier.

Edited by kurtsimonw

I did one at work a few years back. Around 15-20 people in it. It doesn't really take that much time to get the results sorted but the problem I tended to have was getting everyone to put their predictions in on time

Thanks VA for organising this, enjoyed it even though I've finished in mid table mediocrity! Congrats Milfner!

I would be up for a league one, if it's too much work for someone to organise we could always just make a league on here and it is done for you. I do like the idea of a 38 game spreadsheet though so if anyone wants to sort it out I'm definitely down!

• Like 1

I think it would be fun in the prem, but that'd be a ton of work for whoever organized it.

Yep.

I think one way around it would be a few people having access to the spreadsheet on google docs or something, at least if there were more people doing the work it'd become easier.

That's a pretty good idea. Someone would have to keep track of edits to make sure no cheating I guess. But if you cheat in this that's pretty sad.

Yep.

That's a pretty good idea. Someone would have to keep track of edits to make sure no cheating I guess. But if you cheat in this that's pretty sad.

cough *andykeenan* cough

Bloody hell, you're doing all this work on another site too, do you ever sleep?

Sleep is for wimps!

I think I'll commit just to VT for Euro 2016 onwards and whatever competition we run between international tournaments.

Out of interest on this other site, what were the scores of the top 4. I presume your scoring criteria was exactly the same?

Yes, same criteria. This site is actually where this game originated from... in the form I use anyway.

Their top 4 ended

Scores - Points

10-56

10-56

6-48

5-46

What was impressive though was that the eventual winner had predicted 173 goals in total when counting up his predictions, the actual number being 171.