Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

I predicted a Germany Argentina final before the tournament. Standing by that but I do worry the Brazilians may get a helping hand from the ref. Hope the second one doesn't go to pens, I can't **** stand Tim Krul.

• Like 1

I predicted a Germany Argentina final before the tournament. Standing by that but I do worry the Brazilians may get a helping hand from the ref. Hope the second one doesn't go to pens, I can't **** stand Tim Krul.

Prove it.

So of the 4 teams left in the world cup, who has played the best so far. I would say the Netherlands.

I'll go with Germany, I think they've played as one unit and have looked balanced.

• Like 3

I was looking at the line ups for the Netherlands v Argentina match in world cup 98. There is simply no comparison between the two Dutch sides. The 98 team was so much better in every area. If you had to do a best XI of the 2 teams it would be 9 - 2 to the 98 side. I guess it shows what a great job Van Gaal has done.

I was looking at the line ups for the Netherlands v Argentina match in world cup 98. There is simply no comparison between the two Dutch sides. The 98 team was so much better in every area. If you had to do a best XI of the 2 teams it would be 9 - 2 to the 98 side. I guess it shows what a great job Van Gaal has done.

Good point. You could argue Messi aside the Argentina team was a lot stronger too. They had that Quarter final in the bag until Ortega lost his head.

Prove it.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?/topic/10302-2014-FIFA-World-Cup/page__view__findpost__p__1352211

:)

Nicely played.

Why scolari plays hulk over willian is beyond me. Also, why he never called up costa and stuck with Fred and Jo. And why he began the tournament with paulinho instead of fernandinho. And why he's considering 3 defensive midfielders.

I guess that's why he makes the big bucks.

Cracking potential for some grudge matches in the finals here.

Brazil v Argentina

Germany v Holland

or

Germany v Argentina

will all have a bit of spice to them. Says a fantastic amount about this World Cup that a Brazil v Holland final would be a bit of a disappointment.

Germany and Holland final for me though.

Argentina have a fragile defence and will want to attack Holland who can then counter through Robben. be interesting but I think Holland should do it.

Concrete Ron might have to drop Messi from out of his pocket before pre-season ;)

So much hatred on VT. I hate it.

It's very odd. I'm not a fan of Brazil, they're a dirty bunch, but if they win the world cup, at home and without Neymar and Silva (for the semis at least) there will be something to admire in that.

Sure Robben's theatrics are less than admirable, as is the Germans robotic style and to an extent I'd like Messi to win it most of all. But hate is a strong emotion, I think people use the word without thought.

Argentina have a fragile defence and will want to attack Holland who can then counter through Robben. be interesting but I think Holland should do it.

Concrete Ron might have to drop Messi from out of his pocket before pre-season ;)

I think if the Dutch go all out against Argentina they're in trouble. You can't man mark Messi, you need to team mark him and the boy is in form no doubt. I think it will be cagey myself.

Smart money is on Argentina 1-0.

This is a weak Brasil team and I think they have gotten lucky to make it this far. I want to see Argentina and Germany in the final. Robben's dive against Mexico has turned me against the Dutch.