Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

I really hope these games are better than the QF's were...besides a few spells of good action all four games were not up to the standard set in this World Cup.

Brazil will have the crowd and referee on their side, but even so I think Germany should win.

Arg-Hol is much harder to predict. Messi is that wild card who can turn a game on it's head all by himself.

DiMaria is out...do we see Sergio Aguerro now?

I think Holland should win it, but I expect it to be a tight struggle.

He couldn't look more Germanic..

I don't know... I think Lahm's head is a bit more... 'squared'.

Lahm has brown eyes, so sadly he's out of the Nordic Cup

Really you can make a case for all four teams... Brazil and Argentina have the support but Brazil losing their two best players will be a big factor I think. i make Argentina the slight favourites but hope Holland win it because they are overdue one and whilst I don't think this team is as good as some previous ones. The manager has turned them around and got them playing for each other unlike the euros and Robben must be the fittest player alive. Sneider is looking good again. If RVP can produce I think they can do it.

Edited by PaulC

I'm another who'd like the Germans to win it. Really can't stand this Brazil team. From fat arsed Hulk to the infinitely dislikeable David Luiz, they're an insult to past teams in the yellow and blue.

Thing I admire about the Germans is that whatever their situation, squad too young, squad too old, squad too ugly, too many injuries, they almost always find themselves at the sharp end of the tournament. England fans would love our national team to have the same resolve and strength of character that they have, but it's just a pipe dream for us all.

Deutschland uber alles (until a week tomorrow anyway!)

• Like 2

If argentina win the World Cup, they'll have to be one of the poorer sides to win it in recent history. I want them to win, but after their forward line they just don't really have great players at all.

• Like 1

I'm another who'd like the Germans to win it. Really can't stand this Brazil team. From fat arsed Hulk to the infinitely dislikeable David Luiz, they're an insult to past teams in the yellow and blue.

Thing I admire about the Germans is that whatever their situation, squad too young, squad too old, squad too ugly, too many injuries, they almost always find themselves at the sharp end of the tournament. England fans would love our national team to have the same resolve and strength of character that they have, but it's just a pipe dream for us all.

My German mate reckons it's more depressing supporting them, constantly getting beat in semi finals and finals.

• Like 1

My German mate reckons it's more depressing supporting them, constantly getting beat in semi finals and finals.

There must be more dissapointment when you go far in a tournament and loose. I felt it in 1990... Now I have zero expectation with England so fee no sadness