Dragon Age Inquisition

hogso

This worth picking up for 25 quid? I'm thinking this or Witcher 3 (which is a lot more expensive, obv).

Loved Skyrim, loved Mass Effect trilogy, never played the previous 2 installments of DA though

edit: should clarify, the only reason I'm hesitant is because of pretty poor user reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-inquisition/user-reviews

The Witcher is the better game, for sure, and by a distance as said above.

Dragon Age is good though. It takes a while to adjust to the way the game hangs together, and it does drag in place, but once you get going it's good fun. It's not really like Skyrim at all, and it's fairly different to Mass Effect (which leans more towards polished action than this does). Take a look at some gameplay bids and see if you fancy it.

The Witcher is definitely better, though.

I'm almost certain a lot of the bad user reviews for the Witcher are from people who didn't know what they were getting into. Expecting something like Shadow of Mordor on a huge scale.

Well, I haven't played the Witcher, but I really enjoyed Dragon Age, and would be happy to recommend it. Maybe the fighting gets a bit samey but for £25 it's definitely worth it, get the Witcher after when it might be a bit cheaper. 

I liked Dragon age, but after I'd finished it and realised what the game was it changed my opinion of it a little. Combat isn't good enough, the story never really lives up to its potential and your choices are almost entirely irrelevant.

Got about 2 hours into this and just couldn't find the inspiration to return to it. I just didn't really enjoy that initial introduction and felt a bit meh.

Will probably get Witcher 3 and have a crack at that then think about returning to DA.

Even I struggled with the first few hours, and I bloody love this shit, have over 100 hours on my save now (inc jaws of Hakkon dlc)

• 1 year later...

Hmm. Is it good in relation to other DLC, and would it be worth the extra £7.50? Yeah, I'd say so.

It is actually good, and a worthwhile investment? Not really. But the final bit, Trespasser, is a fairly decent addendum to the story/characters. Not on the level of Citadel for ME3, mind you.

For me the issue with the DLC was the same with most any DLC - the game is already huge, and has you exploring massive maps, investigating points on the map to do something at. The DLC is pretty much just more of that, so always felt a bit hallow to me, and left me wishing they tried to do something really different with it.

I think I'd just buy it all if I were in your position - granted you have the time for it all. As I mentioned above, think my play time was about 150 hours on this in the end.

• Like 1

I need to return to this game as no doubt once the Mass Effect: Andromeda release schedule has wound down we will start hearing more about Dragon Age 4, yet I just couldn't get into Dragon Age: Inquisition which is a shame as I need to complete it to keep my save going throughout the series.

My main issue with the game was it was apparent that they had some larger scale MMO plans for it before dialing that back. Every area is like an MMO hub area with hundreds of quests in one location that grind you up to a point where you can do a decent story driven quest.. 15 years ago when I was playing Star Wars Galaxies I would have killed for a game like this, but I am so over the MMO style of game design that when Dragon Age used it in a single player game I grew tired of it fast. 

So at some point I need to suck it up and just grind this game out just to get it out the way and done just so when and if Dragon Age 4 happens my save is ready and complete. It's gonna be dull but I owe it to the quality of Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 not to let that save die out here, I just hope Dragon Age 4 is less MMO-lite and more a decent well made RPG that is interesting..

On 6/2/2015 at 19:42, Rino8 said:

I'm almost certain a lot of the bad user reviews for the Witcher are from people who didn't know what they were getting into. Expecting something like Shadow of Mordor on a huge scale.

It has horrible controls and a press square to win combat. Instead of addressing these, they made compromises such as you only have to be in the vicinity of items to loot them. I've tried a few times to get into the game as it clearly has a lot of depth and gwent is ace but I can't get past the nauseating controls.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up on PS Store finally. Put down FO4 for a bit.

Bit overwhelming once you're in Haven and everything opens up. Upgrading, schematics, creating weapons and armor, Inquisition perks and points.. Gonna need to get my head around it all.

Like it so far though. My Maxwell character is gonna tear the rifts apart. I went Human, 2 handed Warrior. Let's do this shit B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The Deluxe Edition (usually £64.99) is on sale on the PS Store for £5.49.

That's a lot of game for a stupid price.

I was going to take advantage of this, but I've tried registering three credit cards and paypal and they are all being declined.

**** Sony.

20 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The Deluxe Edition (usually £64.99) is on sale on the PS Store for £5.49.

That's a lot of game for a stupid price.

That's ridiculous. I just spent £10.00 on 2 bits of DLC. Recommend getting this game though, for that price it's a steal.

94 hours on my play through.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Been playing through the Descent DLC. It's great fighting Darkspawn again. Feels like a Dragon Age now! Gonna hit Jaws DLC after this, then probably start a new game as an Archer since I've caught the bug. Maybe even on Nightmare >_>

• 3 weeks later...
Â