Dragon Age Inquisition

hogso

My most trusted source for reviews gave it 8/10, and summed it up thusly

Dragon Age: Inquisition attempts to do so much that inevitably there’s less depth to the individual elements than there would be in a more focused game. But there’s no way round that problem, and even with all the bugs it seems a miracle that a game this large and ambitious works at all – yet alone is as entertaining as it is.

And actually, the fact that it still has one foot in the last gen is quite encouraging. Because it implies that whatever BioWare do in the future could be truly extraordinary. For now though, this will just have to make do with being the best role-playing game of the year.

Biggest complaints are the uninteresting combat (which I will not be playing the game for, so that doesnt bother me at all), and the bugs. There's a lot, but a day 1 patch should fix that up a bit, hopefully. There is also reference to the game not doing a good job of explaining the backstory and the various cameos, so maybe I was a bit hasty in my assumption that you wouldn't need to know anything about it.

Ugh man, really psyched for the game now though. I'm one who played through DAO 4 or so times, DA2 a couple of times, and I've read the books too so. Throw that fan service at me Bioware, I'll eat it up.

Dragon age keep works really well, I was impressed with it. Only problem was determining exactly what save/char was what, maybe that's cos I did it on my phone. Mightve been more clear in the full mode.

Didn't get to play it much yesterday, but early impressions are good.

Picked this up today, only put about half an hour into it so far but first impressions arent great. Seems a very run of the mill rpg and the combat is very clunky.

Hope it improves as I loved the first DA.

I'm probably a dozen hours in, it reminds me very much of an MMO, there are fetch quests and kill quests to do but they do have a very strong narrative reason for including them which is nice to see.  It seems to me that the game is building to an explosive moment at some point soon, plenty of factions seem to dislike each other but no one has made a move yet.   I'm really enjoying the game. :) 

Picked this up today, only put about half an hour into it so far but first impressions arent great. Seems a very run of the mill rpg and the combat is very clunky.

Hope it improves as I loved the first DA.

I'm a few hours in now and my opinion has completely changed from my first impressions.

Really, really enjoying it.

I'm about 13 hours in, and this game is just... I don't know, awesome? It certainly is engaging, fun, MASSIVE, complex etc, etc. I'm just having tonnes of fun at the moment. A bit slow in the beginning, but so much to do, so much to see and experience. This'll take a bit of time to finish up. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Â