Dragon Age Inquisition

hogso

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not gelling with this ga.e as I'd hoped I would. Its so oddly stitched together, it doesn't seem to flow as a cohesive whole at all. I'll play it as an RPG but then it wants to go a bit RTS on me then it will let me go back to RPG then it wants to go in another direction but no its menu time now only the menus are so confusing and overwhelming.

I feel like I want to play it one way but the game wants to go another way. I can't put my finger on it. Its like I'm making progress despite myself.

Such a jarring, bitty experience so far. I'll persevere for now though and hope it clicks with me but so far I'm finding it to be similar to The Witcher 2 in its learning curve, difficulty and willingness to let you enjoy it.

The inventory was my biggest problem with the menus. That it's always giving you new armour/weapons for somebody becomes a problem, having to remember who has what weapon/armour and which is best is a mess. And then on top of that there are runes and potions and valuables that have no use other than being sold.

I finished the story after around 90 hours, gigantic game with the usual Bioware ending.

RTS? Just don't use the 'tactical' mode?

Biggest criticism is lack of storage for equipment, it's crazy not to have it. I think da:o only had it put it via dlc.

I think its just the structure of how its all set out. Having to go back to haven, run to the war room, watch the gathering around the table' cut scene and then choose the mission. Its so janky, stubborn and clumsy.

Edited by Ingram85

I really enjoy that aspect of it. I suppose it depends how you play. I will spend a good few hours clearing up all or as many quests/collectables as I can in whatever area I'm exploring at the time, then go back to...home base. Speaking with your chums and that when you return is all part of the fun for me, in exactly the same way Mass Effect was.

If you're still at Haven though, you might start to enjoy it a bit more after that, it opens up a bit. On the other hand, considering what your criticism, you might like it even less :lol:

I'm trying to avoid spoilers here, but after Haven, it really started to feel like a Suikoden game to me. Getting new chums to do different jobs about the place, seeing your base develop. Man, what I'd give for Suikoden VI this gen.

Edited by hogso

• 3 months later...

I've been absolutely rinsing this over the last couple of weeks. Properly got into it. It's a bit of a mess at first, feeling almost faux MMO. But once you get past that, it opens up and it's glorious.

Great stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Turns out it's quite easy to fudge. Make sure you have a save just before vanquishing your final dragon, kill it, reload, kill it again. Might need to be done twice, I did. The internal counter is broken, so defeating 11/12 dragons, even via reloading, actually makes it pop.

Jaws of Hakkon dlc should be on ps4 today.

Edited by hogso

This worth picking up for 25 quid? I'm thinking this or Witcher 3 (which is a lot more expensive, obv).

Loved Skyrim, loved Mass Effect trilogy, never played the previous 2 installments of DA though

edit: should clarify, the only reason I'm hesitant is because of pretty poor user reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-inquisition/user-reviews

Edited by juanpabloangel18

This worth picking up for 25 quid? I'm thinking this or Witcher 3 (which is a lot more expensive, obv).

Loved Skyrim, loved Mass Effect trilogy, never played the previous 2 installments of DA though

edit: should clarify, the only reason I'm hesitant is because of pretty poor user reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-inquisition/user-reviews

Witcher 3 absolutely destroys this in every possible way in my opinion.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Â