Dragon Age Inquisition

hogso

ELF BUMMING SIMULATOR 3 aka

Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg

Expected release date - 7th October 2014

I know there's another Dragon Age thread but it is old and yeah I wanted to make a new one for obvious reasons :wub:

Hopefuilly a return to form after the enjoyable first and not so second game in the series. It will feature large open world environs unlike the previous two games (there's lots of 'skyrim-esque' references been around for years, since it was known simply as Dragon Age III) - fans of the series will be excited to know it will include Ferelden, Orlais, and the land inbetween.

The latest news on the game, and the prompt for this thread, is that there will be an openly gay character who will be part of the main cast. He will be available to players as a potential lover, which given Bioware's track record, frankly, I can not wait for.

Gameplay will feature both the action based 3rd person/over the shoulder combat of Dragon Age 2, aswell as a 'tactical mode' more akin to traditional dungeon crawlers, and the combat that was available in Dragon Age Origins.

There's been a couple of novels, which are canon, filling in the story from the time Dragon Age 2 finished, and there will be the option to import files for story continuity of some description in to DA:I.

Personally, I am most excited by the return of Morrigan! She won't be in your party, but will form a major part of the story, but as friend or foe remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Aw :( My Elf Bumming Simulator thread title :( :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGTtyYeO8E

Gameplay. Looks pretty sweeeet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I very want this game. Unfortunately, I've already preordered GTA V and that's all the game I can afford at the moment. This'll have to wait until Christmas. There's no way I'm getting a wink of sleep on Christmas Eve!

Edited by stwefano

Ive asked for this, pro evo and GTA for Xmas. Do I need to have played the others or will a YouTube recap video suffice?

I have purposefully restricted myself from watching many videos at all about Inquisition. But I think it is safe to say that you'll be fine. I wouldn't bother trying to search youtube for story recaps or anything. If you have a PC capable or PS3 still though, you should definitely play Dragon Age: Origins as it is sa-weeeeeeeeet

Edited by hogso

Ive asked for this, pro evo and GTA for Xmas. Do I need to have played the others or will a YouTube recap video suffice?

I'm in the same boat. I plan to read the plot synopsis of the other games on Wikipedia.

DA:O was great. I vaguely remember the storyline, something about forces of darkness and dragons and insane mages locked in a tower. DA2 was lame. You play a guy who runs around a city doing errands in the same three dungeons for about thirty years and then you are the city's hero and saviour.

Â