QF: Friday 4th FRA GER BRZ COL

limpid

Referee let too much go.

Brazil were very physical, which is not how we remember great Brazil teams of the past.

That said, Colombia were naive and got drawn into a similar style. They looked better when they just tried to play football in the last 20 minutes - but by then Brazil had (deservedly) done enough to win.

Without Neymar and Silva, they will struggle against Germany.

They are basically screwed with Neymar and Silva out.

Germany-Holland looking likely.

Seeing as I have Dutch blood in my veins, I'll be rooting for them, even though I despise Arjen Robben and Louis Van Gaal.

Shit: Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar confirms Neymar suffered a broken vertebra and is out of the World Cup.

I hope all of the people accusing him of time wasting feel pretty stupid now.

I'm sure this is all an elaborate hoax, he's faking, Brazil bought the ref, and it's a disgrace they got away with all of these fouls on those poor poor Colombians.

On a side note...Zuniga should probably gtfo of Brazil ASAP.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

What a let down that game was. I hate referees who 'manage' the game rather than just applying the rules. 

Oh I can't possibly book anyone in the first half, that would make things difficult for me if they did a bad foul in the second half.....

I can't possibly punish someone for diving and feigning injury, I have to make sure all the players are my friends....

Just apply the **** rules, you're not a **** babysitter. 

I watched the game, I didn't feel he was being overly biased towards Brazil. What was clear was a reluctance to give yellow cards based on the stupid Fifa rules that 2 yellows = a ban and cards not cleared from the group games.

• Like 2

I've hated this Brazil team since the Confederation Cup last year, so I'm not jumping on any bandwagons. It comes to something when the crowd cheers a player sticking the ball in row Z. the Brazilian greats of yesteryear must be spinning in their graves (the dead ones, obviously)

Gerry still plugging away in their own efficient way, so I take them to reach the final now.

Shit: Team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar confirms Neymar suffered a broken vertebra and is out of the World Cup.

I hope all of the people accusing him of time wasting feel pretty stupid now.

I'm sure this is all an elaborate hoax, he's faking, Brazil bought the ref, and it's a disgrace they got away with all of these fouls on those poor poor Colombians.

On a side note...Zuniga should probably gtfo of Brazil ASAP.

Neymar is known for his theatrics and time wasting. Sad to see him injured but that was not intentional.

They are basically screwed with Neymar and Silva out.

Germany-Holland looking likely.

Seeing as I have Dutch blood in my veins, I'll be rooting for them, even though I despise Arjen Robben and Louis Van Gaal.

Whats wrong with Van Gaal?

Meh, you reap what you sow. They've been getting away with kicking seven shades of shit out of key opposition players, so they can hardly whine that someone put the boot/knee into Neymar.

It's a pity for him because he's by far their most exciting player, but my sympathy is for the man and not for Brazil.

• Like 1

Meh, you reap what you sow. They've been getting away with kicking seven shades of shit out of key opposition players, so they can hardly whine that someone put the boot/knee into Neymar.

It's a pity for him because he's by far their most exciting player, but my sympathy is for the man and not for Brazil.

Yes I blame the ref for not being tough enough... The refs have been far too lenient this world cup...Get the cards out early and stop all these nasty challenges, I thought we had seen the end to those days...

Scolari saying neymar was hunted! That was their tactic in Rodriguez! It was a foul on neymar but not malicious

Both teams were as bad as each other in this respect. 

Referee should have shown a few early cards to lay down the rules

Neymar is a huge loss. They would have been ok without Silva for one game as they have decent cover but Neymar is almost impossible to replace. 

Zuniga breaks a bone in Neymar's back and could of easily broke Hulk's leg. It's ok though as Brazil were the only team committing fouls! 

Zuniga and Fernandinho should have both probably been sent off in the game. 

I can't see Brazil getting past Germany now...