QF: Friday 4th FRA GER BRZ COL

limpid

If brazil don't drop Fred for hulk then it's a Columbia victory

Hulk played on Saturday as well and he is not much better than Fred

hulk was very good on Saturday I thought.

He's been crap in all the other games mind you

Germany and Brazil to get through. I can't see Brazil going out this early... i don't mean that in a conspiracy theory way, I just think they'll scrape through

Based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't be overly surprised if Columbia, France, Holland and Belgium make the semis.

But it will most likely be Brazil Germany Holland and Argentina.

The big boys seem to know how to win and also have that little bit of luck on their sides for some reason.

Based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't be overly surprised if Columbia, France, Holland and Belgium make the semis.

The big boys seem to know how to win and also have that little bit of luck on their sides for some reason.

France are "big boys". In the 4 world cups before this they won one and reached the final in another. Also winning the Euros in that time period. Germany haven't won a thing since '96.

I think Messi will overcome Belgium, but Columbia are clearly so much better than Brazil I think it negates the "luck" you speak of. I'll be surprised if Brazil come through that game, they'll earn my respect if they do so fair and square.

Exciting isn't it...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

France are "big boys". In the 4 world cups before this they won one and reached the final in another. Also winning the Euros in that time period. Germany haven't won a thing since '96.

I think Messi will overcome Belgium, but Columbia are clearly so much better than Brazil I think it negates the "luck" you speak of. I'll be surprised if Brazil come through that game, they'll earn my respect if they do so fair and square.

Exciting isn't it...

True about France but in terms of this World Cup they weren't too fancied at the start whereas Germany were 3rd favourites. Even though they got to the final in 2006 they have been shockingly poor since 2002 in other tournaments. Mainly because of management rather than players. Even in 2006 it seemed Zidane was leading them.

How on earth was that clown MON lookalike in charge for so long!

France either get to the final or go out in the group stages/don't qualify...

1994 - Didn't qualify 

1998- Won the WC

2002 - Eliminated at the Group stage

2006 - Got the final 

2010 - Eliminated at the Group stage

2014 - Got the final/Won the WC 

;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991

they think its because of travelling from the warm north to the cold south

It's hardly cold in Rio. Pretty similar to what it was in London today, on the hottest day of the year. I'm confused by that.

The one saving grace is that should they get through tomorrow they've a few days to recover and being athletes they should be OK.

As said above also, depend who the 7 are.

they think its because of travelling from the warm north to the cold south

It's hardly cold in Rio. Pretty similar to what it was in London today, on the hottest day of the year. I'm confused by that.

They played in Porto Alegre in the south, the stadium is called something rio, game before was in Recife, probably around a 20 degree drop