QF: Friday 4th FRA GER BRZ COL

limpid

Absorbing and wonderful game... love this World Cup!

Funny reading the posts on here... more extreme views than a Villa matchday thread!  :D  Brazil were the better team and deserved to win. The second goal, it was a free kick. I don't see any massive conspiracy here. The referee did let a lot go and Fernandinho should  have definitely been booked, along with a few others, but there were Colombian players who were lucky not to be carded as well. 

However, an anti Brazil view seems to be the popular opinion now! They've got Germany next and its always been fashionable to hate the Germans, so who is going to get the most hate in the semi final?

I agree Brazil edged the game but the style of play and spoiling tactics are just not the Brazillian way. I would hate this Brazillian side to win the world cup so I'd like Germany to knock them out

Absorbing and wonderful game... love this World Cup!

Funny reading the posts on here... more extreme views than a Villa matchday thread! :D Brazil were the better team and deserved to win. The second goal, it was a free kick. I don't see any massive conspiracy here. The referee did let a lot go and Fernandinho should have definitely been booked, along with a few others, but there were Colombian players who were lucky not to be carded as well.

However, an anti Brazil view seems to be the popular opinion now! They've got Germany next and its always been fashionable to hate the Germans, so who is going to get the most hate in the semi final?

This! Word for word. I saw bad decisions both ways.
  • Like 1

I've no real affiliation to any country. I'd be happy for the best team to win the tournament. At the minute though, there are no stand out teams... which should make it more interesting, as any number of teams could still win it

watch that minute of paulinho and fernandinho battering rodriguez and honestly say that brazil didnt get an advantage

Brazil didn't get an advantage.

Chris Waddle:

"If Brazil win this World Cup they will be the worst team ever to win it.

"This Brazil side don't let anybody start passing the ball, they stop the game and obstruct the opposition when there is a problem. Julio Cesar has to get a red card there is no doubt, and Colombia will feel aggrieved to have lost. Brazil should have had five or six more yellow cards - they are getting away with murder.

"I feel for Colombia but they were overawed and realised too late that they had nothing to lose."

I agree, it's not a classic Brazil team. Not a patch on the 2002 team with Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo. Not as good as the Romario inspired 1994 team either, That being said, they were still better than Colombia tonight. 

watch that minute of paulinho and fernandinho battering rodriguez and honestly say that brazil didnt get an advantage

Brazil didn't get an advantage.

Really? :)
Not in my opinion. It was bad refereeing, both ways. You can't count them all and say "oh, it was 31/30 in favour of Brazil" imo. We know these things are meant to 'even out'. An example was given for Colombia, but, off the top of my head, there was the time when Brazil blatantly should have had a corner (free kick, last touch was a Colombia head) and I remember Marcelo getting pulled back for a foul when it wasn't. I didn't really spend the match taking much notice of each decision, so I can't name more, but it just looked like bad officiating, all round, to me.

Neymar injury is serious apparently.

The man could break a leg and Brazil would find a way to play him tbh.

Same as ronaldo when he "played" in that final (98 was it?)

They are so reliant on him that without him they know they'll lose.

Danny Mills is a **** idiot: "But this was just one game Brazil have played like this. Let's wait before saying they just kick lumps out of teams."

Yes he also said that Belgium wouldn't get far in the tournament.

Neymar injury is serious apparently.

The man could break a leg and Brazil would find a way to play him tbh.

Him and Silva missing thats it for them I think. Shocking challenge on Neymar I thought. The ref could have stopped all these bad tackles with some early bookings.

Edited by PaulC