QF: Friday 4th FRA GER BRZ COL

limpid

No outrage over all of Columbia's fouls, people determined to believe there's some grand conspiracy.

No were not, Colombia did commit fouls and get rightly punished for them. 

You seem to be missing the fact that Brazil wasted an enormous amount of time, kicked Rodriguez off the park, the fact that Fernandinho committed a huge number of fouls and didn't get booked and Cesar didn't get sent off for the penalty which he should have been.

• Like 2

I need a new bandwagon now Chile Colombia have gone.

the original dark horse - belgium!

strange how 18 months ago i looked at putting money on them but they were 8/1 and i thought maybe they arent as unrecognised as i expected, now with the quiet performances to date they've gone back to being underdogs 

Itv going on about not the brazil we know... Actually big phil's side have always been like this so it's no surprise really. Brazil have moved game plans since the flair of 70's - early 80's. They are built (and have been for a long time) around big cbs, who are good at set pieces and attacking full backs, because of this flair players are limited. Look at neymar. Good player but no where near the masters of the past, just that he is the only flair one they have.

I kinda wish Brazil get to the final. Only to be winning then concede two goals in stoppage time à la Man City vs QPR

Now that would be perfect, absolutely perfect.

• Like 1

Neymar was poor yet again, not quite the superstar he is being made out to be.

And before someone says he's got four World Cup goals, look who he scored against and the goals themselves.

In Brazil's biggest three games, Mexico, Chile and Columbia he has been very very poor.

Edited by Avfc96

Absorbing and wonderful game... love this World Cup!

Funny reading the posts on here... more extreme views than a Villa matchday thread!  :D  Brazil were the better team and deserved to win. The second goal, it was a free kick. I don't see any massive conspiracy here. The referee did let a lot go and Fernandinho should  have definitely been booked, along with a few others, but there were Colombian players who were lucky not to be carded as well. 

However, an anti Brazil view seems to be the popular opinion now! They've got Germany next and its always been fashionable to hate the Germans, so who is going to get the most hate in the semi final?

• Like 4

Chris Waddle:

"If Brazil win this World Cup they will be the worst team ever to win it.

"This Brazil side don't let anybody start passing the ball, they stop the game and obstruct the opposition when there is a problem. Julio Cesar has to get a red card there is no doubt, and Colombia will feel aggrieved to have lost. Brazil should have had five or six more yellow cards - they are getting away with murder.

"I feel for Colombia but they were overawed and realised too late that they had nothing to lose."

• Like 2