TV Fixtures

Zatman

not sure if this right thread but please move if it is. but does anybody know when TV fixtures will be announced, thinking to go to Newcastle game but not sure if will be moved for TV so don't want to book anything yet

cancelled my sky sports for first time ever would rather go pub than get ripped off by sky

Not sure how they "rip you off"? You pay them money, they show lots of live sport. Seems quite a straightforward offer.

If you paid them money and they didn't show any sport, that would be a rip off!

• Like 2

how many times has your sky bill gone up in the last year can i ask?  its gone up 4 times for me and i had another one advising me another increase by end of the year

bye bye sky

Mine kept going up, so I cancelled sports.

Now they keep offering it to me for half price for 6 months but said no.

I'm going to look into BT and Virgin

how many times has your sky bill gone up in the last year can i ask?  its gone up 4 times for me and i had another one advising me another increase by end of the year

bye bye sky

Mine's gone up twice in the last year and I haven't had a notifacation of further increases.

Is it a rip off if prices go up? On that basis, you would stop using any products or services because prices always go up.

Someone mentioned BT. My BT phone bill for my land line has gone up massively this year - in particular I got caught by an enormous hike in the cost of an extra entry in the phone book. BT deny this, but it's pretty clear this is subsidising the unrealistic and ultimately unsustainable price BT paid to get into the premier league market. That's what I call a rip-off and people watching BT sport will start paying a heavier price in the long run.

Sky are expensive but at least they are fairly transparent about the cost of their service.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky tv games have been announced, liverpool and qpr away have been moved, man city, southampton and tottenham at home as well

probably get pissed around for another couple of games once BT announce there games too

All confirmed

FIXTURE CHANGES

Sat Aug 23- Newcastle (H) - 12.45pm

Sat Sep 13 - Liverpool (A) - 5.30pm

Sat Oct 4 - Man City (H) - 5.30pm

Mon Oct 27 - QPR (A) - 8pm

Sun Nov 2 - Tottenham (H) - 4pm

Mon Nov 24 - Southampton (H) - 8pm

http://mobile.avfc.co.uk/default.aspx?s=news-display&aid=3994048

Edited by andykeenan