Last 16: Tuesday 1st ARG SWI BEL USA

limpid

If the games go as expected Argentina Belgium in the quarters will be a cracker. Argentina's strong attack against Belgium's strong defence. and Belgium's weakish attack against Argentina's weakiish defence. Could cancel eachother out.

Edited by Voinjama

I hope Argentina v USA happens.

Belgium are just so borrrrrring.

Yeah, I thought they'd be a much more interesting side to watch. They miss Benteke.

USA are the heart attack kids, which makes up for much of their sloppy play. They at least tend to make things exciting.

I don't go with this Belgium are boring. The first two games in their group Algeria and Russia both set out to defend and the last one their best players like Hazard, Kompany and De Bruyne didn't play

• Like 2

I think the expectation from many was they were going to be winning games 3 or 4 nil given some of the attacking players.

I said before their first game they'd qualify comfortably from the group but would only win the games narrowly and so it's proved. Intrigued to see if they can step up a level in the knockouts now, think they have enough to see off the U.S

So no Defour and Kompany for Belgium. I think this is a doable match for USA. Funny thing is there were supposed to play a closed door friendly on the first day of the world cup but the Belgium coach cancelled a few days prior.

I could see this being a 1-0 game. Belgium hasn't looked a strong goal threat and USA is going against a strong defense regardless that Kompany is out.

Edited by Czechlad