Last 16: Saturday 28th BRZ CHI COL URU

limpid

I've been disappointed with the Brazilian support so far. Most of them just sit there fairly quietly. Strange.

Most of the commentators say it's been the best tournament for fans in a long time, to be fair international football doesn't really seem to be full of chants and looking round the crowds they seem to be dotted here there and everywhere plus a block rather than all together

Except at the Brazil games, where it's been all yellow. And quiet. Maybe because they knew they'd win the group easily, they've been reserved and plan to turn it up a bit against Chile, who will actually have a sizable contingent in the stadium to help get the atmosphere going. 

Edited by maqroll

Brazil I think will edge Chile. I expect Columbia to beat Uruguay but it won't be a walkover. The team will be playing for their honour and will adopt a seize mentality, although Columbia are that much better so think they will come through.

Brazil I think will edge Chile. I expect Columbia to beat Uruguay but it won't be a walkover. The team will be playing for their honour and will adopt a seize mentality, although Columbia are that much better so think they will come through.

Columbia University?

• Like 1

Columbia University?

I can never remember whether its Colombia or Columbia. don't blame me for loss of memory lol

I see the conspiracy talk, which is ludicrous. Sure, the refs have added pressure to make calls for Brazil.  that's not a new phenomenon or a conspiracy; it's human nature.

Keep in mind, in the history of the world cup, 32% of host nations have won the world cup.  something 44% of the time, they make it to the finals.  home field advantage is real. 

I see the conspiracy talk, which is ludicrous. Sure, the refs have added pressure to make calls for Brazil.  that's not a new phenomenon or a conspiracy; it's human nature.

Keep in mind, in the history of the world cup, 32% of host nations have won the world cup.  something 44% of the time, they make it to the finals.  home field advantage is real. 

Human nature? You mean guests being polite and helpful to their hosts? ;)