Official VT World Cup Prediction League: Matches 30 - 40

villaajax

I predict I will finish in 4th or 5th place. I won't get enough exact scores to win it. Anyway it's great fun this game.

Changing your tune considering you were so confident of winning it before we started.

I gave up after the first round. I just don't enjoy these kind of things much. Maybe it's because Villa have been shit the last few seasons and England terrible in this competition, but I just prefer to enjoy football for the spectacle rather than having some kind of attachment to teams or results.

I predict I will finish in 4th or 5th place. I won't get enough exact scores to win it. Anyway it's great fun this game.

Changing your tune considering you were so confident of winning it before we started.

I gave up after the first round. I just don't enjoy these kind of things much. Maybe it's because Villa have been shit the last few seasons and England terrible in this competition, but I just prefer to enjoy football for the spectacle rather than having some kind of attachment to teams or results.

I didn't do a fantasy team this time round for the same reason. I didn't want to be watching games thinking "I hope he scores, I hope they don't score, I hope he keeps a clean sheet etc", I just wanted to watch and enjoy it.

And I must admit I'm doing that a bit now with the prediction stuff. My original plan was just to make my predictions and then forget about them. But seeing as I'm doing quite well I'm taking it way too seriously now!

• Like 2

I didn't do a fantasy team this time round for the same reason. I didn't want to be watching games thinking "I hope he scores, I hope they don't score, I hope he keeps a clean sheet etc", I just wanted to watch and enjoy it.

And I must admit I'm doing that a bit now with the prediction stuff. My original plan was just to make my predictions and then forget about them. But seeing as I'm doing quite well I'm taking it way too seriously now!

Same with me. I found myself really cheering Portugal on at the end in their game vs USA because of my VT prediction. But in any normal scenario I would have been cheering on USA. Same thing with the Belgium vs Algeria. I think I am guilty of taking it too seriously too, especially as there is no prize at the end.