Will Blues go straight back down next season?

shambles

Scum go down?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Scum go down?

• yes
    • no

Club bashing aside, its an interesting one. Certainly they managed to get some temporary class from premiershipclubs in on loan, and I think the board is aware they will have to spend big again to try and compete. They are on no better position, possibly a worse position in terms of squad than last time. Having said that, they were very unlucky with injuries last time, and having spend big on ageing journeymen, a gamblewhich ultimately failed, they might be looking across the city to see how we manage our squad, with lots of acadamy and youth talent rather than old mercenaries.

Certainly if suggesitons that AVFC are to spend big in the summer, it will be interesting to see what reaction the bluse board has to this.

With both head and heart I think they will be going straight back down unless they do some seriously good business in the summer.

Spot on. Especially as Bendtner will be back at Arsenal and apparently they cant afford Cole's wages. They must have one of the worst defences around. Just a bit worried they might fluke the season!

I don't understand the Cole thing. Didn't they say if they were promoted they would spend big?

They did say they would buy 4 or 5 big names, does anyone know any bigger names that Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink?

Karren Brady was talking about how there would be alot of money in football so they will spend big because of the new TV deal, she forgots that all of their competitors for players this summer are also getting this money so prices are just going to get inflated as we have already seen with Young and Upson in January. Wages are gonna go mad too as Neill and Upson showed with their contracts.

Either way the shit will struggle. HURRAH!

It all depends on who they buy and how well their players gel together. Personally, I think we spend too much time worrying about them, they're the opposite to Villa- a club with absolutely no class.

I've voted yes. Realistically, I can not see them improving enough to stay up next season. A lot will depend on investment - and it is easier to give an assessement of us, them and every other club in the country in August - but seeing them this season, they are pretty damn poor.

It depends on how well they spend. At the moment almost a third of there first team is on Loan. So they are even worse off than you think. They will spend £8 to 10 million and bring in 2 loan players.

By the way, Premiership-Premiership loans should banned.

100% agreed. When I discovered that it was part of the game, I was stunned. I can't think of a good reason to allow it. It calls the integrity of the games into question, allows the big clubs to stockpile talent, and it probably delays the demise of the smaller clubs, which I can make a case further contributes to the rigid caste system in English football.

I was going to ask on what basis that system has perpetuated itself, but I've just realized that I answered that question in the last paragraph.

Yes, I think they will. The Premiership is in a much better state since the last time they were in it, teams have moved on, and the new TV money will allow established Prem teams to bid for players over and above the promoted teams. SHA have not moved on since 2006 - in fact their squad has weakened somewhat, and they were very lucky to come up automatically, owing to some truly shocking end of season form from Derby and West Brom.

Jaidi is no Upson, Clemence is no Savage, and neither Vine, Jerome, DJ Campbell or Gary McSheffrey are as good as the strikers they had before - infact none of these players have Premiership experience.

Seeing as their sole aim is to beat us, I think they will be in for a shock when they come up against Villa next season. I think the games will be very scrappy affairs and football will not be the winner. But in terms of derbies, MON is a masterful tactician and has the mind-games aspect down to a tee. Fist Face won't be able to gloat about Villa players giving his team a psychological advantage - MON will see to that! I think we will see the very best of MON's character in high-pressure games like these - see what he did in the Old Firm games as proof.

When we beat them, they will be crushed and they will go down. And bust too, hopefully..... 8)

Spot on. Why should smaller club's help out the bigger club's by giving their younger players first team experience and help with their development?

By the way it was in fact Small Heath who put forward the Premiership 'to Premiership loan thing to the League when they first got promoted. So it's all their bloody fault of course. :D

They'll go straight back down. The standard of football in the Championship was diabolical this season and everytime I saw them play they were absolutely awful, and they fluked their way to winning games.

When they came up 5 years ago I was worried because of the state the Villa were in, but this time I haven't a worry in the world. I'm gonna enjoy next season, and enjoy the on-going comedy of another relegation year at the Sty.

I want to see them go down, in EMBARASSING fashion with the lowest points total in the history of football

I don't think it's as clear cut as them going down faster than a . I do think they'll go down but I think they'll not sink without a trace. Firstly I think Sunderland will be better than them and I think the playoff team will be weaker. I think the Shammers will stay up and they'll not be anywhere near relegation. I think the likes of Sheff Utd and Fulham will be down there again although I'd assume that Reading will be safe - albeit not as safe as they were this season. Newcastle will not be as bad again and Boro will be OK too - although they might be one to slip a little. Bolton are the big dark horse for me. Without Big Sam I expect them to be bottom half. How far down, time will tell. So I think the noses will go down but they'll be fighting along with 3 or 4 other clubs with the playoff team sinking without a trace.

Â