John Brooks

Villaphan04

He looked pretty poor up until the goal

Not really for me. He had one poor moment about five minutes after coming on where he have the ball away to Gyan but recovered. Then he made several crucial interceptions and had very good positioning.

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 2

Not just no. **** no.

That's probably a good idea. I mean, we've already got Clark and Baker.
If you think Clark and Baker are mistake prone, just wait until we sign Brooks. Edited by Raymond

Not just no. **** no.

That's probably a good idea. I mean, we've already got Clark and Baker.
If you think Clark and Baker are mistake prone, just wait until we sign Brooks.

I've watched him with both us U.S. team and Hertha Berlin. He's just 21; he's still learning and there are going to be some blips along the way, but I think his potential is self-evident and categorically greater than that of several of the players we've fielded in our back line over the past couple seasons. To expect a young kid to adjust flawlessly to being thrown into any deep end isn't realistic, and the Bundesliga and international football present steep learning curves, but he deserves to be where he is. It would be exceedingly shortsighted to dismiss a young player on the basis of a bad game here or there.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of Baker or Clark sold on near the end of the window, should the ownership issue be sorted. Clark and Baker now have Vlaar, Okore (from what we saw before his injury, anyway) and, presumably, Senderos in front of them (Donacien I think might get a Championship loan or start getting some time at right back due to his pace). As they're 24 and 23 respectively with a good bit of PL experience, they'll probably not want to be cover much longer. Brooks already has the physical tools in spades and more room to grow as a footballer than Baker has shown over the past couple seasons, could make a nice partner for Okore in a few years with his height and presence. Probably be reasonably cheap, too, unless his stock goes up majorly during the Cup, and surely on low wages at Hertha.

Â