The Wage Bill

CVByrne

In past years it's been clear from the accounts we spend masses more than similar clubs on non-playing/coaching staff. I've got a feeling the 2012/3 accounts showed this had started to come down but I wonder if we are still squandering money on backroom functions? We should be looking to squeeze every possible £ to strengthen our squad and coaching/medical etc. staff

In past years it's been clear from the accounts we spend masses more than similar clubs on non-playing/coaching staff. I've got a feeling the 2012/3 accounts showed this had started to come down but I wonder if we are still squandering money on backroom functions? We should be looking to squeeze every possible £ to strengthen our squad and coaching/medical etc. staff

I'm not sure how true that is, I'll check later.  We certainly don't pay a lot out in directors' fees.  Faulkner for example only earned something rubbish like £250K.

I'm not sure how true that is, I'll check later. We certainly don't pay a lot out in directors' fees. Faulkner for example only earned something rubbish like £250K.

Well if we paid 25 players £60k a week each our wage bill would be £78m annually. Iirc thats around what our wages were in the last books... And we sure as hell ain't paying 25 players £60k each. Were not even paying an average of £30k across our top 25 you'd have to imagine. That'd be wages of just £39m itself

Edited by P3te

£40m basic salary for players

12.8% NI - £5m

10% medical insurance - £4m

10% bonuses - £4m

Manager salary - £2m

non-playing staff inc directors - £10m

Thats a wage bill of £65m, even though the calculation based on weekly earnings of players will come to just £40m.

Can't imagine we've paid out too many bonuses in the last few years though to be fair, and would medical insurance fall under wages? Also, I don't really understand NI, but is it not included in the gross of wages?

Â