Rik Mayall

Xann

TBH I could only take Mayall in small doses. OK if you like everything full-on, but it tires you out after a while. Punk comedy, really. 

I said in another thread that I watched"Young Ones" on UK Gold and it just isn't as funny as i remember it being when i was 14

but Bottom is still pure gold and new Statesman was well written and could probably still be applied to politicians today  ... I saw him on stage in Woking performing it when he brought an updated version of it on tour a few years ago

Sad day loved bottom fantastic show and a great charachter. That halloween episode is one of my favourite wver episodes of any comedy progamme. The uk comedy scene has lost a real inspiration

RIP RIk

I think the episode of Bottom where they camp out on Wimbledon Common has to be my favourite. It's hard to have a single favourite episode.

Two of my favourites:

http://youtu.be/uLvS_w9gy8g

http://youtu.be/um4tbyPWzMo

• Like 1

I know it's a bit pathetic, I didn't know the bloke and he didn't know me from Adam, but I'm still totally gutted by this. How can Rik Mayall be dead?  :(

He's not really dead. He's just bouncing against the walls to find a new person to make happy, ultimately greeting them "Hello snot face!". (Drop Dead Fred).

"Elizabeth takes the pill, he dubs over in pain. While grinding pepper, Elizabeth sneezes and sends Fred bouncing against the walls".

• Like 2

Bottom is one of those shows where I think "how did they ever pitch this? Who thought the premise of this show was a good idea?"

It so is though. Brilliant stuff.

When I was about 12-13, I had to have some stitches in my gum and the doctors thought they may as well remove my last few milkteeth at the back while they were at it. I was signed off school for a week and to pass the time I decided that watching the Bottom Live collection would be a good idea...

My mouth was killing me from trying to laugh, I just had to turn the video off.

Â