Group B: SPA NED CHI AUS

limpid

Am I the only one who thinks Australia will draw with Chile?... yes? Oh, okay.

I think we are actually targeting the Netherlands as our best hope of coming away with a point :)

We actually have a surprisingly good record against the Dutch, I think most people are just hopeful we score a goal at the tournament though. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

I think we are actually targeting the Netherlands as our best hope of coming away with a point :)

Oh, is that what you think?...

• Like 1

We actually have a surprisingly good record against the Dutch, I think most people are just hopeful we score a goal at the tournament though. 

I couldn't resist betting on 'no goalscorer' to our top scorer for the tournament. I'd love for us to surprise everyone but I just can't see it happening.

I couldn't resist betting on 'no goalscorer' to our top scorer for the tournament. I'd love for us to surprise everyone but I just can't see it happening.

Oh I suspect there will be an own goal in there at least, just like in '74 :)

I think OG will be our top scorer too.

I agree though that Holland is our best match up. That Spain match is the only one I am dreading.

Edited by Ponky

- We have the lowest ranking of all the teams at the cup.

- We are up against the world champions.

- We are up against the runners up.

- We have a patched up, inexperienced squad thanks to injuries.

- We are not expected to score, let alone win.

Yet I'm more confident of a result in this WC than the last.

Underdogs? Written off? Suits us perfectly - that's when we usually produce our best stuff.

• Like 1

Our best chance is to nick one early and then park the bus.

We'll really struggle to get into scoring positions unless Tim Cahill goes into beast mode, and our defence is never far from being broken down.

Too little talent, and too many injuries to the few talented players we have. I just hope we don't get totally embarrassed, although I could see Spain smashing us 7-0 or something.

I thought we did well against Croatia nand with Bresciano in midfield and a few more balls forward we could surprise.

So no one is betting on Tim Cahill to score from a set piece then ?! 

Tempted on Chile at 2/5

Banker of the day 500 quid get 200 quid

Sorry but i can't see Australia getting any points out of that game i thought Chile were superb when they schooled us in a friendly recently

Chile are my outsiders for the WC imo Sanchez and Vidal are exceptional

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Tempted on Chile at 2/5

Banker of the day 500 quid get 200 quid

No way will Australia get any points out of that game i thought Chile were superb when they schooled us in a friendly recently

Chile are my outsiders for the WC imo Sanchez is sensational

go for it.200 smackers pretty much guaranteed

I am looking forward to tonight's Spain v Netherlands game.

If it is a big test for both teams, it is a massive test for me.

Can I make it to bedtime without doing some world-class moaning about one team or the other being robbed?

Its a tough call and seems highly unlikely.

At least I am hopeful because I go into the game as a neutral and I will have to wait for maybe twenty minutes before I pick a side to support and then get paranoid about.

This will depend on whether the Netherlands try to kick Spain off the pitch, like last time, or whether Spain are as boring and over-indulgent as they often known to be.

Whether Vlaar is a starter or not will be decisive.

Wish me luck!  :)

On paper Spain v Netherlands is very exciting, but we all know what will happen: 90 minutes of keep ball and a few shots on target.

Which in the Brazillian climate is probably the most effective way to play football, have your opponent chase the ball for 90 minutes...

Edited by AVFCforever1991