Ghost stories

PussEKatt

If I was a ghost, I wouldn't hang around the cemetary :lol:

Why would you just mope around a cemetary when you go go where ever you wanted? Or is there rules now saying that a ghost can't stray far from it's corpse? :lol:

Maybe you sleep in your coffin and they were coming home from the pub?

• Like 2

About a year ago we were looking back at some photos from when our boy was a tiny baby. We came across one where he was lying in his cot and above him was an orb, now I'd heard if you zoomed in you can see faces in these orbs so that's what we done. To our surprise you could quite clearly see a picture of a womans face in the orb, also we have photos from our holiday in turkey a few years back. We visited this mosque or some place of prayer and where I'm kneeling down looking at something loads of orbs are above me. Probably nothing but there you go, the face in the orb was interesting though. Will have to try and find it again put it on here.

If I was a ghost, I wouldn't hang around the cemetary :lol:

Why would you just mope around a cemetary when you go go where ever you wanted? Or is there rules now saying that a ghost can't stray far from it's corpse? :lol:

I think the rules are you can stay within a certain distance around your corpse or in the building you died in.

You also have to turn up in the dark and when there's only one or two people around. You cannot, for example, walk onto the pitch during the world cup final, in broad day light in front of the thousands of people there and the millions of people watching on TV. These rules can be the only explanation as to why that never happens.

• Like 1

The house my mom grew up in in Bearwood was haunted by a few a ghosts, apparently. I was told the stories as a kid and they terrified me. I used to sleep in my mom's old room when stopping at my nan's and it'd take me ages to fall asleep because I'd lie there thinking about them.

One was a soldier that died during the second world war, if I remember correctly. They found that out doing a ouija board. You could tell he was around because the whole house smelt like somebody was smoking a pipe. Obviously a ghost.

He was also a very helpful spirit by all accounts. My granddad once fell getting into the bath and knocked loads of shampoo bottles off a shelf and into the bath. As he started to look for the bottles in the bathwater, he noticed they'd all been put back on the shelf for him. Obviously a ghost.

My mom once woke up in the night, to see her dog at the end of her bed growling at the other side of the room. She looked over to see a woman brushing her hair with my mom's hairbrush. The lady looked around, smiled at my mom, walked to the window and vanished. When she woke up in the morning she knew it was real because the hairbrush wasn't in the position she left it. The key words here are..'when she woke up..'.

There was a few other things that happened, but it all stopped when they had the wall between the living room and dining room taken out. The ghosts must have been trapped by the wall or something, I'm guessing.

A few years later, an elderly neighbour passed away and my mom bought the house with my dad. On one of the first nights in the house, my mom saw the old lady standing behind my dad at the top of the stairs. This story makes me a bit uncomfortable, because it either means my mom is a bit mad or she's lying; she still swears to this day that she saw her, clear as day.

Fast forward a few more years, after my granddad had passed away we used to get loads of hysterical phone calls from my nan saying my granddad was still in the house. Things like the radio would turn on by itself and all the cupboards in the kitchen would be open when she walked in, like in the sixth sense. One time, she got back from work and a load of gardening things from my granddad's shed were on the living room floor. I just think she just took her husband's death rather badly and went a bit mad for a bit.

I don't believe in any of this bollocks, just thought I'd share as I'm wasting time at work.

• Like 2

Why are ghosts always Victorian, tudor/stuart, or Elizabethan? They are never modern day or pre 11th century. Its never viking ghosts or neanderthal ghosts. Always human too.

They're not always human. Sometimes they're animals that humans happen to like, like cats, dogs, and horses. Oddly enough, you never see ghost rats, or pigeons, or tapeworms.

I think ghosts are like relegion or aliens, some people believe and some people dont but just like aliens " just because you cant see them dosent mean there not there"

There is a house 2 blocks away from us. It has been a rental for years and there is a story that a little boy haunts the place.

The only fact in the above story is that no one stays there for longer than a few weeks.   

Is this a thread for Ghost stories or for people to celebrate how enlightened they are?

Despite being one of the latter tossers, this did make me laugh.

Fair enough, you have a point.

To join in with the enlightenment when I was a kid I used to wonder why people when losing their legs didn't just use their ghost legs as a replacement. Oh well.

Â