Ghost stories

PussEKatt

I literally in 43 years havent had a single ghostly encounter, I have had difficult to explain stuff, but not impossible to explain, there is always a scientific explanation. People who want to believe in spirits, ghosts etc will always err closer to the supernatural explanation than the scientific.

I have read a fair few books regarding paranormal phenomena enfield poltergeist, amityville horror, books on borley rectory, myrtles plantation, and others and all of them could or were debunked or could be explained. 

You would imagine in this day and age that some one would have footage that was totally unexplainable but oddly no one has.

Why are ghosts always Victorian, tudor/stuart, or Elizabethan? They are never modern day or pre 11th century. Its never viking ghosts or neanderthal ghosts. Always human too.

Edited by Ingram85

Why are ghosts always Victorian, tudor/stuart, or Elizabethan? They are never modern day or pre 11th century. Its never viking ghosts or neanderthal ghosts. Always human too.

It does show quite a strange lack of imagination in the people 'seeing' these ghosts, when you would expect them to have an over active imagination.

I saw a ghost quite vividly on the one occasion, but i'd only just woken up so i'm happy to put it down to my mind playing silly buggers.

I suspect people who insist on their ghost stories have way too much faith in their own mind. i.e. yes you may have seen something, but that doesn't mean something was actually there.

my non-ghost story:

back in the day when the first nipper was a baby my missus was upstairs putting the little angel to bed

I was downstairs with the baby monitor on when quite clearly the message came across 'can you come upstairs and help please'

I jogged upstairs, asked what was up and my wife didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Long spooky conversation ensued about being beckoned upstairs, she pointing out the monitor was unplugged and in the other room. Woooooooooh spooky.

About a week later, both of us sat downstairs, nipper starts crying over the baby monitor but it just sounded different, 'off'. We jogged upstairs, nipper is fast asleep and peaceful.

Valuable lesson learned - if the people 3 houses down have the same monitor, you will also pick up their conversations and 'noises'. We always made sure the monitor was off and unplugged before trying for our second nipper after that.

• Like 3

In our old house, the spare bedroom door would slam shut for no apparent reason, it was happening a lot and there wasnt a window open. We also heard some really eerie noises coming from there, to the point that my kid wouldnt sleep in there. a couple of months later I bled the radiator, and we stopped leaving the downstairs door open when the tumble dryer was on. Soon after the spirit left. 

• Like 1

And nearly always at night time, to one person, in an old house.  Never walking down New Street ramp at midday to be seen by thousands.

Â