Bloodborne

Ginko

That's happened to me a couple of times, it is infuriating. In fact, it happened to me last night, but fortunately when I reloaded the game it started me exactly where I left off.

Yeah the game is saving nearly constantly so you're unlucky if you lose connection and don't get put back where you were.

On a separate note. The Nightmare of Mensis and Nightmare Frontier are exactly that - nightmares. Constantly being invaded.

...Blood Starved Beast is giving me a lot of trouble. I can't seem to summon any actual players in the area, either that or it's just not a very popular area for people to want to help out. Alfred is pretty fricking useless. He actually aggros her far too much which makes stunning her for visceral attacks harder, and then dies before I really need him (when she gets to her final stage and goes ape shit constantly).

I can get her to that final stage without taking any hits, but then she either poisons me or chows down on me and poisons me. Then when I try to run away and heal up, she just gets me every damn time.

I hate this bitch  <_<

Edited by Ginko

...Blood Starved Beast is giving me a lot of trouble. I can't seem to summon any actual players in the area, either that or it's just not a very popular area for people to want to help out. Alfred is pretty fricking useless. He actually aggros her far too much which makes stunning her for visceral attacks harder, and then dies before I really need him (when she gets to her final stage and goes ape shit constantly).

I can get her to that final stage without taking any hits, but then she either poisons me or chows down on me and poisons me. Then when I try to run away and heal up, she just gets me every damn time.

I hate this bitch <_<

I would come and help you but I'm probably too high a level :/

Thanks, appreciate the offer. It's more annoying because I know that if I just had a little bit of luck go my way, I could do her solo. As soon as she gets to her final form, however, it just seems like anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. I'll dodge and avoid her attacks and poison, finally position myself to time a stun, and instead of swinging she'll choose that moment to do the biting combo attack which I always seem to be too slow to parry. Then, like I said, I'll survive just about, get some distance, heal up but just as I'm coming out of the animation, she'll be there breathing down my neck and if she doesn't outright kill me, she'll poison me again and keep me on the defensive until she does.

I've been stuck here for a while now and I'm not going anywhere else until I've dealt with her. I can definitely beat her. I'm just getting a bit sick of the area and running through it all killing enemies for bloodechoes to stock up my consumables with. I can plough through that area in ten minutes killing every enemy. I laugh in the face of werewolves now, I used to dread fighting those things.

Thanks, appreciate the offer. It's more annoying because I know that if I just had a little bit of luck go my way, I could do her solo. As soon as she gets to her final form, however, it just seems like anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. I'll dodge and avoid her attacks and poison, finally position myself to time a stun, and instead of swinging she'll choose that moment to do the biting combo attack which I always seem to be too slow to parry. Then, like I said, I'll survive just about, get some distance, heal up but just as I'm coming out of the animation, she'll be there breathing down my neck and if she doesn't outright kill me, she'll poison me again and keep me on the defensive until she does.

I've been stuck here for a while now and I'm not going anywhere else until I've dealt with her. I can definitely beat her. I'm just getting a bit sick of the area and running through it all killing enemies for bloodechoes to stock up my consumables with. I can plough through that area in ten minutes killing every enemy. I laugh in the face of werewolves now, I used to dread fighting those things.

Have you tried using pungent blood cocktails? They lure her to wherever you throw them giving you chance to heal.

I tried that once but it didn't seem to make a blind bit of difference. I might have been throwing them too far away though. It's worth another try, I'm not great at switching items as I'm fighting though.

IIRC I put fire paper on my weapon and used the cocktails to move her around the arena. If nothing else to give me a minute to run away and heal. I also found it quite helpful to be summoned before I fought her to see how others did it and pick up some strategies (and also a ton of echoes and insight)

Yeah I'm out of fire paper unfortunately, that was particularly effective. I have helped a few other players defeat her and we managed it quite simply, but I can never seen to be able to summon other players when I come to fight her. It might be my terrible internet connection.

Nah, just pick it up and play for a few hours and it'll come back to you. Or start a new playthrough and after a few hours you'll get back into the swing of things. I did the same with Dakr Souls and DS2, worked for me.

Blood Starved Beast is my Bloodborne equivalent of The Pursuer in DS2.

Obligatory Randy Marsh jizz picture.

I finally did it. I got that blood-starved bitch. I managed to aggro her better, meaning Alfred didn't hog her, meaning he didn't die, meaning he could aggro her to give me time to heal when she was in her final stage. I panicked a bit towards the end and lobbed molotovs, plenty of which missed, and then went a bit clutch but she didn't attack me whilst I gave her the last couple of hits to finish her off.

Ugh, seriously, the feeling of relief and achievement. It's like the best sex you've ever had + finally having a dump after being forced to hold it in for an hour x 50.

That's the Souls games achievement equation, kids.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

If you ever struggle with a boss, just youtube the boss battle. There is a way to cheese every boss. I'd suggest giving it quite a few goes fist though. There was one boss that took  me and my friend 3 hours, but when we did it, the sense of accomplishment and relief we felt was amazing. 

The worst part is when you have the boss down to just a couple of hits. My heart races and I fly into a blind panic knowing that death would be disastrous. I just want to get those last few hits as quickly as possible.

The worst part is when you have the boss down to just a couple of hits. My heart races and I fly into a blind panic knowing that death would be disastrous. I just want to get those last few hits as quickly as possible.

This.

Here's the video I uploaded of the fight last night. You'll see where I start to panic towards the end as I lob molotovs. I run out and don't notice so I end up using up two antidotes before I realised. Then I just ran in there and fortunately she didn't pay me much heed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuXJhjedNNs

This.

Here's the video I uploaded of the fight last night. You'll see where I start to panic towards the end as I lob molotovs. I run out and don't notice so I end up using up two antidotes before I realised. Then I just ran in there and fortunately she didn't pay me much heed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuXJhjedNNs

Good job. I still haven't got parry and visceral attacks down. Tend to just run in, 3 hits then run away again. I hated Rom. So so much.

• 2 years later...

I bought this when I first got the PS4 but just haven't been in the mood for a Souls game, but with this now getting a resurgence since it's free on PSN this month, I've finally given it a go.

It's a bit good.

I'm finding a bit hard readjusting my head from my Assassin's Creed Origins controller scheme, but otherwise I've really enjoyed it. I've just got to Father Gascoigne, managed to get him down to half health first time out, then just couldn't avoid his more aggressive attacks.

I can see why it's so highly regarded - it's Dark Souls with the aggression turned up to 11 and put on fast forward.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I bought this when I first got the PS4 but just haven't been in the mood for a Souls game, but with this now getting a resurgence since it's free on PSN this month, I've finally given it a go.

It's a bit good.

I'm finding a bit hard readjusting my head from my Assassin's Creed Origins controller scheme, but otherwise I've really enjoyed it. I've just got to Father Gascoigne, managed to get him down to half health first time out, then just couldn't avoid his more aggressive attacks.

I can see why it's so highly regarded - it's Dark Souls with the aggression turned up to 11 and put on fast forward.

It's brilliant, mostly because it taught me to stop being a block happy defensive coward like I usually am in the Dark Souls games. Love the satisfying "ping" when you parry something.

Â