Bloodborne

Ginko

Just got back from town with a copy in tow. Currently installing it and in five hours time I might be able to play... <_<

Only two hours to go for me! Yay for this gen! #4theinternetproviders.

Edited by Ingram85

I could get this but I still haven't played Dark Souls, which I have on Steam. I guess I might as well just stick to that?

Up to you. Same style of game, but very different in the way it's played. The guy who created dark souls also created bloodborne, but he wanted to change how souls players played his game. Basically if you play bloodborne the way you play a souls game, you will not progress. 

I know a few people who picked up this game and had never played a souls game and they really like it. They say it's extremely challenging so don't give up. 

You really have to use the gun

I was struggling with the game because i found the gun cumbersome to use but it takes practice if you can stun a boss and riposte attack and hit them for 500 - 600 dmg it makes fights alot easier

What put me off using it was that 9 times out of 10 you take damage while shooting them because some enemies combat animations are so fast but if you stun them and manage to hit them you gain all your health back anyway

Less going backwards more forwards in this game than Dark Souls imo

Edited by AshVilla

Just been watching a walk-through of the first hour or so and it's amazing how the guy I watched found pathways I didn't even know existed. That 1st boss torn me a new a-hole today too!

I actually haven't been using the gun much at all. It's very risky on later game opponents to try to use it. It doesn't do much damage even when full upgraded and you need to time the shot perfectly. If you don't, say goodbye to half your health. 

I'm three bosses down and Father Gascoigne was easily the biggest nightmare so far. Managed it by the skin of the my teeth in the end.

This game is just amazeballs.

Simple tip which you all already know but thought I'd share anyway - repairing your weapon makes a huge difference. Just had a fantastic couple of hours finding new unexplored areas and goodies. Brutal game but absolute class.

• Like 1

Killed the Witch of Hemwick last night in what was a very entertaining battle. Took a couple of goes to get her down, but once I worked out the main strategy of leaving the adds alone whenever possible I found it a bit easier.

The area she is in (Hemwick Graveyard) is a bit of a bitch though, some seriously tough mobs wandering around there.

Currently using Ludwigs Holy Blade with a few upgrades and it's made a huge difference to my damage output.

How's everyone else doing on it?

Finished it.

Utterly fantastic as I expected it to be, and another solid addition to a brilliant series.

Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon Souls > Dark Souls 2

I'm a little behind you lot. Finished the Cleric Beast off last night. The reactions of me and the other half - you'd think Villa had won the PL. In the end I had literally 1% health left. EPIC!!!

http://youtu.be/_5z9cD1WX6Y

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 1

I actually hadn't had chance to play this due to being busy with other things and binging on GTA Online with the VTVN (and lapal) but I had a little blast this morning and I love it.

Anyone else manage to take down the werewolf in the clinic with just their fists first time? It was an awesome feeling. I love the regain system too, it's fun to switch it up and be more offensive. I Usually start out being quite reserved when starting a playthrough on the Souls games, so this was a nice change of pace.

I went with the pistol, saw blade and Lone Survivor class. What did everyone else choose and how are you finding it?

Â