Bloodborne

Ginko

said elsewhere, needs to be a little less DS and a little more DMC for me to enjoy it, will be giving it a go, expecting it to review about 9/10

Making it less like Dark Souls and more like DMC would absolutely ruin it for me. Hack 'n' slash bores me to tears, though I do appreciate there is a lot of skill involved but I don't have the patience or the skill for it.

• Like 1

Finally back home. I went and picked it up at a midnight release. I put it into the ps4 and expected 5 hour download time. I hate how with next gen you have to install each game. 

Well I am going to nap for 5 hours then come back and play. It's been getting amazing reviews and my friend who downloaded it on a good connection said it's ridiculously hard. I'll play some then post what I think.

It's really challenging so far. The map designs are fantastic. At first I thought wow there are no save points throughout this whole first area, but then I realized there is a lot of tricks to find. I don't want to spoil. Some enemies honestly jump out and terrify you. Then are some enemies which you have to be clever in how you kill. It very much feels like Demon Souls. I haven't fought the first boss you but I made it to him. I am going to give him a try when I get off work.

Edited by Czechlad

I don't know the specifics but for those who simply can't wait, it's possible to buy the game from the US store and play it on your UK PSN account today. There's also a PayPal offer on at the moment that'll get you the UK digital version for £39.99. I did that and have pre-loaded already.

I'm not fussed waiting as it means I can finish off this Demon's Souls playthrough. So close to finishing it (although I did just piss 50,000 souls up the wall because I'm a tool - **** plague babies.)

Edited by Sie

The swamp babies are the creepiest thing in that game. The way they paw at you... *shudder*. Bloody hated the Valley of Defilement for multiple reasons, but those creepy infants are right at the top.

If Bloodborne has anything half as creepy as that then it'll be a creepy-ass game.

Edited by Ginko

Well, in light of near universal praise for the game (first time that has happened with a triple A title this generation?) I've took a punt on it.  Bought the physical version from Amazon for £47.  I figure I'll pay the extra for a disc just in case I hate it and want to trade it in. 

The swamp babies are the creepiest thing in that game. The way they paw at you... *shudder*. Bloody hated the Valley of Defilement for multiple reasons, but those creepy infants are right at the top.

If Bloodborne has anything half as creepy as that then it'll be a creepy-ass game.

They have something similar spoiler ahead. I am just describing the creature.

They are these creatures with no legs and long arms that hide in the sewers. They sneak up on you if you're not careful.

I am really liking the game. It's driving me mad.

It might be a great game, but it isn't a likely to be a large scale console seller/killer app, because the Souls series is most definitely not for everyone, and is fairly niche still even within the gaming community.

Edited by Chindie

I spent nearly 5 hours trying to kill one boss. I even enlisted the help of my friend, and then finally, we killed the boss and that was only the 3rd boss in the game. I am a seasoned souls player, and this game is ridiculously hard. I think I stumbled onto an area too early because I just get 1 hit by nearly everything. 

• Like 1

I really would like this game but have no intentions of getting a Ps4 just for it. I hope it comes to pc one day. I don't know whether or not it will always be a ps exclusive. 

I really would like this game but have no intentions of getting a Ps4 just for it. I hope it comes to pc one day. I don't know whether or not it will always be a ps exclusive. 

It would be nice but I can't see it happening. FROM Software had a lot of help from SCE Japan during its production, not just its publishing - Sony want this game to sell PS4s.

Edited by Sie

A few complaints:

• More variety. There is not a lot of weapons or armor sets available. One great thing about Dark souls was the variety you had with weapons. So far, I have only 8 weapons available to me. 
  • Loading screens. The loading screens are awful. It doesn't help that you have to go to the hunter's dream before you warp anywhere so that takes even longer. Apparently a patch is coming though.
  • PVP. It sucks. Healing is instantaneous so to kill someone, you have to wait for them to go through 20 of their blood viles. Also it's very hard to invade. I've only found one area where pvp is frequent. Apparently there is pvp covenant so I'll check that out.

There are a few more minor issues I have with the game, but that doesn't take away from how great this game it. It is so much fun. I am learning to master one weapon all throughout the game which is completely new to me. I bought a ps4 for this one game, and I don't regret it at all. I hope there is some pvp areas though or I could see this game die out when dark souls 2 comes out for next gen. Story is great and fun, but pvp has always been a big part of souls games,  

Â