Bloodborne

Ginko

Orphan of Kos... Hmm. Hits astoundingly hard, various awkward to dodge moves and hyper aggressive in second stage. Hmm. I got him to just under half health first time in a very passive fight style, I spent most of the fight backing away just to get my bearings with him. Hmm. I'm not sure where the weaknesses are yet... Could break Maria's record for retries fairly easily here. With Maria the dodge tactics were quite clear, here... Hmm.

Orphan of Kos down. That's a hard fight. The hitboxes on some of its attacks are obscene and it hits ludicrously hard. Got through by getting a couple of parries in the first stage, and then going into hyper aggressive mode for the second. The end was basically a war of attrition as I smashed away at it whilst circling around it as it combo-ed.

The Cursed and Defiled Chalice dungeon is a bastard. I'm probably overlevelled for most of the Chalice dungeons I've done but even with they having your health cut in half is a bastard.

On 3/26/2018 at 15:32, Chindie said:

Orphan of Kos down. That's a hard fight. The hitboxes on some of its attacks are obscene and it hits ludicrously hard. Got through by getting a couple of parries in the first stage, and then going into hyper aggressive mode for the second. The end was basically a war of attrition as I smashed away at it whilst circling around it as it combo-ed.

That was my favorite boss out of all the souls and bloodborne bosses. It took me a couple hours, but it was worth it. Kos was so much fun to fight. 

I think so far I've enjoyed the Logarius fight most. It hit the sweet spot of difficulty and variety. There's been a few I haven't liked - Gascoigne has slightly too much of a random element, Maria starts well but by the third phase is just **** irritating to fight, Kos has some outright silly hitboxes on his attacks, Micolash is irritating purely for the puzzle element extending the fight and his bullshit AoE attack in the second phase, Abhorrent Beast has some bullshit attacks... But generally I've enjoyed the bosses. Thus far anyway. I've still got a few to go I think.

I went on holiday last week so haven't had chance to get back into this yet.  I'm kinda impatient though and just want to get to these bosses without the grind.  

Been playing fornite too, which is challenging in other ways. 

Will get back to it eventually.  The last place I got to was a gatling gun on top of a tower, but I shot the guy off the top of it and it sent the game a bit wonky.  Not sure what to do now..

There was another hunter on the ground below who cheesed me about 4 times too, but I don't think he's a boss.. not sure.  Just a bit lost really. 

16 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Cursed and Defiled Chalice dungeon is a bastard. I'm probably overlevelled for most of the Chalice dungeons I've done but even with they having your health cut in half is a bastard.

Yeah this is just irritating. Might ditch the dungeons. Made it to the boss of layer 2 and it's just a boss you've already beaten but with your health halved and it's health buffed. Feels cheap. I've only fought it once but I can't help feeling the same is going to repeat the further I go so I'm struggling to muster the interest to bother. Might just finish off the remaining bosses in the main game and have done with it.

• 3 weeks later...

And done. I ditched the chalice dungeons as the defiled one is just bollocks, so I've missed some stuff, and I'm sure I've missed some optional bosses, but decided I was so close to the end I might as well finish it. I was probably overlevelled given I'd done a bunch of dungeons and also the DLC, with some farming in there as well, but I enjoyed it. 

One of the best games I've ever played.

Glad you enjoyed it @Chindie, Bloodborne is definitely one of my all time favourite games if not my favourite.

As for skipping the Chalice Dungeons there isn't much down there for regular players. There are some unique bosses that link into the lore down there, but for the most part the Chalice Dungeon is solely there for players that min/max their builds either for PVP or PVE. The main issue the Chalice Dungeons have though isn't the dungeons themselves it's the the player base isn't super interested in PVP. I had a flawless build with full 27.2% Physical Attack Up Gems, but PVP is no fun if you one shot your opponent, so the feature was neat and the ability to infinitely farm until you get a flawless build is great until you realise you're the 1% doing that while the rest don't care. 

• 2 months later...

For all that EpicNameBro's Dark Souls 3 blind stream was a **** shit show at release, you can't deny he's good at the Soulsborne series.

He beat Bloodborne with 1 hand in 9 hours. Whilst streaming.

I dunno how you do that.

Very impressive from EpicNameBro. I love that SoulsBorne has become known for its challenge runs;

The_Happy_Hob beating all three Souls games back to back to back in 9 hours 30 minutes without taking a single hit. 

ATwerkingYoshi beating all of Dark Souls 3 with bananas hooked up to a makey makey kit. (he's also playing through Bloodborne with Donkey Kong Bongos)

DreadedCone choosing to play PVP in Dark Souls 3 with a steering wheel and pedals while still managing to win most fights. 

If there is a nutso way to beat or play a Dark Souls/Bloodborne game then it's likely been done, and even more so it's likely been done way more successfully than anyone could have imagined. 

There are some rumors floating around that Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice isn't the souls like game FromSoft have been saying will come. Apparently FromSoft has also been working on another game which would be the souls like game. Now they confirmed Dark souls 3 was the last Souls game, so Bloodborne 2?

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

There are some rumors floating around that Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice isn't the souls like game FromSoft have been saying will come. Apparently FromSoft has also been working on another game which would be the souls like game. Now they confirmed Dark souls 3 was the last Souls game, so Bloodborne 2?

I think Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the Souls-like that Miyazaki talked about years ago. He didn't specifically state that it would be identical to a Souls game, he just said that it would be a game that Souls fans would know and love.

So what does Sekiro have in it;

• Souls-like combat
  • Souls-like exploration
  • Souls-like bosses
  • Brutal difficulty (Miyazaki claims Sekiro is harder than Dark Souls/Bloodborne)

Sounds pretty much like a game that Souls fans will get on board with and adore every minute of.

Now what does Sekiro not have in it;

• Character creation
  • Levelling mechanics
  • Loot (collecting weapons/armour)
  • Online PVP/Co-Op

So it's not note for note a Souls-like, but given that's not what Miyazaki said the game would be then I personally think that Sekiro is the game we were intended to get. 

The other two projects he talked of were set to be a reboot of an existing franchise which Sekiro isn't. While the other game was said to be "weird", and that was announced to be the PlayStation VR game 'Deracine'. There is every chance that at some point we will get a Dark Souls 4 and a Bloodborne 2, but I think Sekiro is the Souls-like he was talking about years ago. 

• 6 months later...

I was astonished just to discover that the record for beating Bloodborne with any % completion is 19 minutes. There must be some crazy skips on the game. Even doing all bosses is only just over an hour.

Mad.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I was astonished just to discover that the record for beating Bloodborne with any % completion is 19 minutes. There must be some crazy skips on the game. Even doing all bosses is only just over an hour.

Mad.

The skips in Bloodborne are great. I learned most of the skips, although I haven't run Bloodborne in a year so there are likely some wacky new skips about. 

The issue I have with the 19 minute completion is it's an in-game time completion which means watching the run isn't "fun". Every door, every warp stone and anything else with a long animation the player quits the game, loads the game to skip the animation.

The better category and still very impressive is Any% Current Patch because there is less reliance on quitting out to skip animations. Also current patch has the easy skips patched out so the skips in that one are the harder/more obscure ones. 

• 1 year later...

Having switched this on again I was surprised at how close I was to the platinum, not requiring a second play through I thought I would give it a go with the chalice dungeons 

Felt a bit grindy after a while still persisting, up to the point where your health is reduced 50% so I’m taking taking the help when it’s on offer 

Tremendous game for me, especially as I picked it up on ps+ subscription which then got me into the Souls games after

• 1 month later...
Â