Bloodborne

Ginko

20 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Amelia and Paarl down.

Really enjoying this. It seems easier than it's Souls brethren thus far (Gascoigne being the exception) but it still has their bite. It's great.

The game is either easier or harder depending on how well you adjust to the faster more aggressive gameplay. 

I personally found Bloodborne to be a breeze compared to the Souls games, but then again it's hard to tell if it was Bloodborne or just the fact that after 9 years of Souls games they're all a lot easier now.

I'm not finding it easy! :lol:

So I learned how to level up, I got given a bell and summoned gazza but he died helping me fight that big were-chicken bitch.  Then I died.  Only taken him down to about half health. So I decided to get soulsfrom farming a bit, went too far in the sewers and lost about 4k lol.

Did it again, now I'm a bit further on, in a sewer, fighting bitches crawling around on the floor. 

Don't like these lanky were-bitches either.  

**** bitches.

It's fun.

Beat the first boss. 

Met Gascoigne.  He's not hard, I've had loads of vials left when he's killed me, but the camera is so bad it clips behind scenery. Got him down to a slither the first time and died because he jumped at me, I dodged backwards and the camera clipped and i went left and there was a grave in the way.   Had i have seen it, I'd have dodged right and got the last bit or two on him.

Turned it off for now.

I don't mind losing, but when you see whats going on and a camera clips into a wall and you are trapped for 5 seconds, it takes away any skill and relies on dumb luck.  The camera is by far your worst enemy on this game, it's really awful.

Still like the game, but it does **** you over most of the times you die.  Which is really the only problem I have with it.

Gascoigne is the only part of the game I've come across so far where I felt the odds were stacked against me. The arena basically makes the fight more luck based than it should be. Most of my deaths to him came from getting caught on the tombstones during his beast form, then getting caught in his flailing combo. This seems to be an issue for anyone, even good players seem to fall foul of getting caught up when dodging (although obviously when you're a veteran of the game its less of an issue even if you do get hit).

Otherwise the game is pretty fair. Like the other games in the Souls series it just punishes mistakes severely.

Shadows of Yharnam down at second attempt and Rom down first time. The Rom fight really reminded me of the boss fight in Cathedral of the Deep in Dark Souls 3, except without the puzzle element. Rush down and hit hard.

When is the recommended point to do the DLC?

59 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Shadows of Yharnam down at second attempt and Rom down first time. The Rom fight really reminded me of the boss fight in Cathedral of the Deep in Dark Souls 3, except without the puzzle element. Rush down and hit hard.

When is the recommended point to do the DLC?

I believe the recommended level to enter it is BL65+, but many consider the DLC to be the hardest content in the game so doing it too early can hurt how "hard" end game feels.

I think I got around to doing it in NG+ 1 or +2 so I was pretty high level by the time the DLC launched, but you can also start the DLC and then carry on with the main game if you're getting absolutely annihilated.  

Thanks.

Did Cainhurst last night. That was an interesting area. First area in a while where the enemies felt like I was struggling to hit hard enough, and also where I was taking more damage. Got killed in the library when caught by a couple of those little hunchback guys with fencing sabres in a corner. 

Did the boss at the second attempt - got him to a third health first time and then got caught as he rushed down with his sword. Second time followed the same pattern, and then as he started his rush down phase I somehow managed to parry him 4 times on the trot to finish him off. Great fight. The first couple of phases was like a dance with me hitting a couple of times, dodging around and then quickstep in for another couple.

I might do some farming to grab a few items from the shop and get that additional edge from a few level ups again. I feel like I'm at the point where the game starts to ramp up again.

Ludwig down at third attempt. A helluva lot of luck in that. In his first phase I managed to barely hey touched, but then in his second phase I got completely destroyed by a massive AoE, somehow didn't die, managed to slam in some health, got caught by his sword wave combo, survived again,  just, rushed down, dodged another combo and whaled on him till he was down. Great fight.

I died more in the area immediately after Ludwig than I have anywhere else in the game. Got so irritated by it used a guide to critical path it. Those are probably the most irritating enemies I've come across since the jailers in Dark Souls 3. Will probably have a crack at the boss later on.

Gaz is annoying me.

Don't even get time to heal when he's turns into a super word removed . 

And is there a way where I don't have to start every life at the bridge where I kill cleric beast or whatever, the little journey between there a Gaz is almost as bigger shit as he is.  Again with the shitty camera angles.  Gaz in 1st form is pretty shit and easy but he'll always get you to use a few vials cheaply. Then when he turns and I have 12 vials left and he 1 pops you despite dodging or him getting you on the floor where yours defenceless and he kicks you.. man.  

I'm obviously missing a trick, but by the time ice killed the same enemies leading up to him, it's quite new again.

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Gaz is annoying me.

Don't even get time to heal when he's turns into a super word removed . 

And is there a way where I don't have to start every life at the bridge where I kill cleric beast or whatever, the little journey between there a Gaz is almost as bigger shit as he is.  Again with the shitty camera angles.  Gaz in 1st form is pretty shit and easy but he'll always get you to use a few vials cheaply. Then when he turns and I have 12 vials left and he 1 pops you despite dodging or him getting you on the floor where yours defenceless and he kicks you.. man.  

I'm obviously missing a trick, but by the time ice killed the same enemies leading up to him, it's quite new again.

I struggled with this until I managed to learn how to parry this douchebag.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

parry??? :mellow:

Fire your sidearm as he attacks to parry (it takes practice). You will know you have done it right as you will hear a subtle chime and the enemy will stagger leaving them open to a powerful follow up attack.

19 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Fire your sidearm as he attacks to parry (it takes practice). You will know you have done it right as you will hear a subtle chime and the enemy will stagger leaving them open to a powerful follow up attack.

Oh right, yea.  I can do that and follow up with a visceral attack or whatever.

Seems I might just buy a load of molotovs and once he's gone hideous, just lob those at him until dead. 

I dash like a really bad person but it's like auto lock and them ground and pound against a tombstone which ends me.

Probably on my 20th try or so now :lol:  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

I died more in the area immediately after Ludwig than I have anywhere else in the game. Got so irritated by it used a guide to critical path it. Those are probably the most irritating enemies I've come across since the jailers in Dark Souls 3. Will probably have a crack at the boss later on.

The boss of that area is obscenely easy.

Just decimated Gascoigne.  Only difference I did was go through the normal area to get to his fight, then go all the way back to hunter dreams, buy 10 molotovs and as soon as he changes, just lob 4 of them..

I only lost 1 bit of health, and that took me to an absolute slither of health because dodge did nothing.  I'd have aced him otherwise.. the big arsehole. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what's more irritating, a boss that just destroys you out of the gate, or one you nearly beat and gets you with a slither of health left. Maria can do both... I've been hit by a combo you can't escape that effectively one shots you a few times, and I've got her to one hit from death a couple of times. I also managed to run out of blood vials from repeating the fight so much, so farmed the Research Hall for a while to buy a **** ton of vials.

It doesn't feel like a particularly difficult fight, certainly in the first phase you can dodge fairly easily, but as the phases go on she seems to get tighter windows to dodge in and, of course, they decide the best thing to do is make sure all of her attacks get increasingly big hit boxes. To the extent the third phase, as far as I can tell, more or less forces you to take damage when dodging due to the fire effect. Which is a bit shit. Especially as I think you get a slight stun off it.

Only the second boss to make me walk away for a while. In this case not because it's annoying as such, but because I know I'm just banging my head against it until I get a lucky run.

Â