Bloodborne

Ginko

There's a bit too much luck in the Gascoigne fight for me. I can reliably get him to his beast form, and down to about a 6th of his health, and then I just get locked into being hit by swipes on the ground as I try to get up and getting caught on the scenery. Which is bollocks.

Walking away for today.

Gascoigne down. 

Overlevelled and then kinda fluked it. I wasn't really paying much attention in the fight and was trying to just learn the area and where more open spaces were, fully expecting to die again. Did far more dodging than I had been while I was trying to get used to where gravestones were. Then before I know it he's in beast form. So I thought **** it and whaled on him like never before. And it worked. Just.

Blood Starved Beast down.

I'd been advised that if I just carried on through from Gascoigne the game changes somehow after the next boss so I explored the Cathedral Ward, stopped just before what I think is the boss, then went back and did Old Yharnam. Enemies a bit samey there but think I've cleared that out and the boss wasn't too bad. Nearly did it first time out until it caught me in a combo whilst I fumbled for antidote pills, second time battered it. Also the Hunter fight on top of the clock tower was awesome. Absolutely touch and go that I'd manage it but just about got him.

This game's a bit good.

Edited by Chindie

I always put this on and plan to go all the way on it and really put in the hours, I started it up just last weekend and as always I get up to the bridge with the two werewolves and then I switch it off and never get around to putting it on again, I know that it'll be months until I put it back on and then I'll want to start it up again from scratch.

I don't have the stamina for these types of games.

5 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I always put this on and plan to go all the way on it and really put in the hours, I started it up just last weekend and as always I get up to the bridge with the two werewolves and then I switch it off and never get around to putting it on again, I know that it'll be months until I put it back on and then I'll want to start it up again from scratch.

I don't have the stamina for these types of games.

If that's the bit I think it is, you can cheese the two werewolves. There's a building you can enter that is completely dark inside, that you can then lure them towards. They can't get through the door so you can then chip away at them. They can still hit you if you attack at the wrong moment but you can take all the time you like. The only thing to be wary of is the building itself has 4 enemies in it, 1 you can ignore and the other 2 upstairs are really liked once you know where they are.

Once they're dead, go back outside to the bridge, go left, kill one giant Igor thing and 3 crows and you're at the first boss.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If that's the bit I think it is, you can cheese the two werewolves. There's a building you can enter that is completely dark inside, that you can then lure them towards. They can't get through the door so you can then chip away at them. They can still hit you if you attack at the wrong moment but you can take all the time you like. The only thing to be wary of is the building itself has 4 enemies in it, 1 you can ignore and the other 2 upstairs are really liked once you know where they are.

Once they're dead, go back outside to the bridge, go left, kill one giant Igor thing and 3 crows and you're at the first boss.

Yeah that's the bit, I know about the room trick (my mate is a huge Dark Souls and Bloodborne fan) I just get bored by that point, I can sit and watch my mate play it for hours but I just lose interest when I have to do it myself.

Now this is pretty good, the dude has never ever played Bloodborne before, he starts off thinking its easy, it doesn't take long until you can see the frustration building up in him.

In the second video he has got to grips with the game and is going on like a bit of a bad boy before accidentally plummeting off the side of a bridge to his death, the look on his face is **** brilliant.

p.s. the dude is a bit of a dick but he is surprisingly easy to watch, I actually spent a **** hour watching him play a game that I could have been playing myself.

One of the 'names' in the Souls community, ENB, did a stream the other day of Bloodborne I caught some of this morning. He got further in 4 hours than I have in 3 days. Obviously he's very good at the game, knows it inside out and was involved in writing the guide for it but still that's crazy to me. I think he nearly finished it in that time. 

ENB is great. I think my fastest Bloodborne completion is about 5 hours, so I'd assume that ENB was near the end after 4 hours unless he was taking a casual stroll through it while teaching viewers the lore.

I am super glad that Bloodborne is getting a second wind thanks to PS+, the game is up there as one of my all time favourite games.

Never played one before.

Took me about 45 times to kill the very first wolf.

Then I died and just went straight back into the world and the guys with hatchets and flames took me an age to get past, about 30 times to get past a couple of them.

So then I thought "what else can I do?", so went to those goblin things sticking out the floor to take me to hunters dream.

Get given a choice of weapons and pick the cane... now I can basically 2 or 4 hit most enemies :lol:

So I start going much faster, but now I'm struggling with finding another save point thing, so when I do eventually come across a new or bigger enemy, I die and go WAY back and that's become a little grating because to rush back to that point, I make silly mistakes etc.

Enjoying it, but any tips?

• Like 1

@lapal_fan The only tip at the start of the game is to push on.. I know helpful, right? :lol: 

The start of Bloodborne is arguably the hardest part of the game as your first two lanterns after the initial one are protected by a boss fight each. This unfortunately does mean that dying at the start has the greatest penalty to progress than at any other point in the game. Now the design for this is deliberate as you learn the basics through repetition, but it can feel like running headfirst into a brick wall after a half-dozen times of dying to something and going back to the starting lantern. 

So the main tip is to push on and also explore, there are lots of helpful things in the starting portion of the map that can help you out a lot.

That said it's hard to offer solid tips as the things I do/items I use on new playthroughs are firstly hard to explain their location, but secondly may also make your first playthrough easier than it should be which will hurt the overall experience. 

• Thanks 1

Game gets a lot easier once you level up. Get some runes for your weapon to increase your attacks. Certain bosses are weak to specific runes so I'd look to use those. 

My biggest advice for Bloodborne is to play carefully. Don't agro numerous enemies at once, and try to learn to parry. 

Kaaaaay.

So I got bored of killing the same enemies again and again to get to a new point where I'd die to some new bigger enemy.  So I ran through them lol.

Got to a bridge with two wolves from the very first part, ran through them.  Then further down the bridge is a giant thing with birds, ran through them.

Then something bossy feeling wolf/monster thing which scream like your missus turns up. Health bar an every damn thing! I get him down to half and he kills me (I didn't have any heals).  Then some bitch turns up in the val hallah place and gives me some shit I don't even..

It's like villa under Lambert..  constantly get battered and I mutter "we go again".

I did learn I have a sidearm though, but silver bullets do nuttin'. 

I need a save point so I don't have to do all the **** faff!

The bullets are your main form of defence aside from dodging. If you time the shot just right with their attack it parries their attack leaving them open for a powerful visceral attack.

Got to the werewolves last night, tried to aggro one and burst hm down, he had a sliver of health when the other one joined in. I raged off and went on yakuza to calm down.

Â