Bloodborne

Ginko

I mentioned this briefly in the Dark Souls II thread but I thought I'd make a new topic for this as some new footage has shown up and so it can be discussed separately from DSII now more information about it is leaking.

Here's a pretty decent summary from Souls game nut VaatiVidya that shows the clips and discusses them in more detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxy-b0i7864

Seems this could be a PS4 exclusive too. In a video made a few weeks ago, Vaati talks about how this may be a Demon's Souls sequel since it appears to be a Sony exclusive and they own the Demon's Souls IP, hence why they made Dark Souls so they could multi-platform and have more control over the game.

I'm not sure myself. Demon's Souls was very much set in a medieval age much like Dark Souls is, whereas the footage from Beast gives the impression the game is set much more recently in history, especially now that guns have been confirmed as a featured weapon.

I know there's a few Dark Souls aficionados here on VT that will be keeping their eyes on this one, so here's a thread to talk about it and to post relevant news as and when it comes about.

Here's the first VaatiVidya video he posted a few weeks ago too, if anyone hasn't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M2Y-R18Mo0

• Like 2

By all accounts Hidetaka Miyazaki the mastermind behind Demon's Souls and Dark Souls I wasn't involved in the making of Dark Souls II because he was working on a secret project and it looks as though this is it. Great news, because looking back I think he was greatly missed from DkS2, which is the weakest of the three. Exciting though, I have absolutely no intention of buying a Ps4, but would probably get one for this if it is an exclusive. 

Any mentionings of this at E3? I heard that there was a chance this might be revealed and they we would know whether or not this was a souls game.

Side note, konami is releasing their own version of a souls game this year I believe. It actually looks decent. I will be purchasing a ps4 and I hear this would be a ps4 exclusive.

Yeah, if it's anywhere it'll be in the Sony conference which starts 5:30pm PDT, so 1:30am for us. Basically in two and a half hours time.

Yeah, makes sense given the fantasy Victorian-esque era it seems to be set in.

Looks amazing though  :wub:

I can't find a way to edit the thread title, I assume only Mods can do that right? Any Mods reading fancy changing the thread title to Bloodborne?

Edited by Ginko

• 1 month later...

Yeah, really looks like it's shaping up nicely. Looks a lot darker, gorier and creepier than Demon's and Dark Souls.

I really love the Gothic, 18th Century, Georgian, Industrial Revolution aesthetic too, and those werewolves and the monster at the end looked awesome!

Edited by Ginko

• 2 weeks later...

The actual gameplay they show is a bit of a joke though, it's just blocking and walking backwards from various things. Suppose those games are very hard to sell with gameplay footage.

• 7 months later...
Â