Philippe Senderos

samjp26

I asked a mate of mine, who is a Fulham season ticket holder, what he thought about him. Here is his reply:

Absolute garbage. In a bad team, he was one of our worst. Constantly caught out of position. And, without fail, one embarrassingly calamitous moment per game, guaranteed.

Yet for Switzerland, apparently Hitzfeld said he'd 'never' been disappointed with him. Pretty much sums up the fact that who you play for makes a real difference.

I asked a mate of mine, who is a Fulham season ticket holder, what he thought about him. Here is his reply:

Absolute garbage. In a bad team, he was one of our worst. Constantly caught out of position. And, without fail, one embarrassingly calamitous moment per game, guaranteed.

Yet for Switzerland, apparently Hitzfeld said he'd 'never' been disappointed with him. Pretty much sums up the fact that who you play for makes a real difference.

I'm pretty sure Hitzfeld could find another CB if Senderos was really that bad. I'd trust the judgment of one of the most respected and successful managers of all time over that of this forum

• Like 2

On a free and adds much needed experience so I am struggling to see the downside. I agree he is no star but he is better than what we have.

Baker and to a lesser extent Clark have been vilified on this forum after pretty much every game and I think we would all agree we needed some other options.

He will not be first choice but will add much needed experience. Given the financial state of the club and Lerner's undoubted desire to spend as little as possible pre sale what other alternatives were around?

Unfortunately we can't afford Vincent Kompany and I doubt he wants to play for us anyway.

....or how about Rio Ferdinand based on today's Daily Mail???

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

On a free and adds much needed experience so I am struggling to see the downside. I agree he is no star but he is better than what we have.

Baker and to a lesser extent Clark have been vilified on this forum after pretty much every game and I think we would all agree we needed some other options.

He will not be first choice but will add much needed experience. Given the financial state of the club and Lerner's undoubted desire to spend as little as possible pre sale what other alternatives were around?

Unfortunately we can't afford Vincent Kompany and I doubt he wants to play for us anyway.

....or how about Rio Ferdinand based on today's Daily Mail???

What have the Mail said today?

I'm sure Hodgson would have good things to say about Smalling too.

Let's be fair though Hitzfeld is in a completely different league to that dinosaur.
OK, maybe we should rely on Ferguson for advice then? Edited by dodgyknees

If we signed someone from FC Baku then you can guarantee someone would claim they've got a mate who is a season ticket holder and they'd use their opinion as some form of definitive judgement.

Whether people do have a season ticket holder mate of these various clubs is one thing, but why their opinion holds any particular weight is another. I'll wait to see what he does in the shirt for my club. I couldn't give a **** what someone's make believe, or otherwise, season ticket holder mate says.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

You're as gullible as Lambert then if you think he was ever going to say anything other than that. It is in the interests of the national team he manages for it's players to play at as high a level as possible.

Hey everyone. Been reading VT for years now, only really felt compelled to throw my two bobs worth in after the Senderos signing.

I can't remember ever being so discouraged by a Villa signing over the past 10-15 years or so. Don't get me wrong, I'll back him fully and I really hope he proves me wrong but I've always thought he's been a very poor player.

Alright, he's experienced. He's played for a top 4 club in the Champions League, but then again so hasn't Tal Ben Haim? The clubs Senderos has played for doesn't make him a good player. Arsenal haven't exactly been known in recent years for having the meanest defence, whilst AC Milan and Valencia have both being going downhill for a good few years.

Whenever I've seen his name on a team sheet I've considered him to be a weak link and more often than not, he's proved me right. Ask nearly any Fulham fan and they'll tell you what a distinctly average (at best), error prone player he is. Ok, he might just have been signed as 3rd or 4th choice but who really knows what Lambert's thinking. I for one would be surprised if he doesn't start first game of the season.

Prove me wrong anyway Phil. UTV

• Like 1

My mate who's an Arsenal fan said at first you'd feel sorry for him because his mistakes always seem to lead to a goal and be highlighted. But after a while you realised that the mistakes were happening way to often.

He may be an improvement on what we have but based on what others have said and what we have seen over the years, I can't see him really helping our cause to much.

Hey everyone. Been reading VT for years now, only really felt compelled to throw my two bobs worth in after the Senderos signing.

I can't remember ever being so discouraged by a Villa signing over the past 10-15 years or so. Don't get me wrong, I'll back him fully and I really hope he proves me wrong but I've always thought he's been a very poor player.

Alright, he's experienced. He's played for a top 4 club in the Champions League, but then again so hasn't Tal Ben Haim? The clubs Senderos has played for doesn't make him a good player. Arsenal haven't exactly been known in recent years for having the meanest defence, whilst AC Milan and Valencia have both being going downhill for a good few years.

Whenever I've seen his name on a team sheet I've considered him to be a weak link and more often than not, he's proved me right. Ask nearly any Fulham fan and they'll tell you what a distinctly average (at best), error prone player he is. Ok, he might just have been signed as 3rd or 4th choice but who really knows what Lambert's thinking. I for one would be surprised if he doesn't start first game of the season.

Prove me wrong anyway Phil. UTV

Really? What about Marlon Harewood. That blew us all away!

• Like 1

Heskey was definitely the most underwhelming one. I pretty much gave up on MON there and then as I knew we wouldn't finish in the top-four trying to accommodate a donkey like him in the team.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Heskey was definitely the most underwhelming one. I pretty much gave up on MON there and then as I knew we wouldn't finish in the top-four trying to accommodate a donkey like him in the team.

True but you have to remember Harewood was our first signing after the than chief exec had said expect big signings and MON was going to be backed financially.

True but you have to remember Harewood was our first signing after the than chief exec had said expect big signings and MON was going to be backed financially.

...... those halcyon days

Â