Philippe Senderos

samjp26

What?

You've completely changed your point.

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.
He is pretty average. I don't think anybody can deny that. He is just better than what we have.
Possibly. And again that fact is just depressing.

But you've just accepted that we're average.

Are you lowering your expectations?!?!£?!£?!"?£$"?$

Er no. Thats why I think its a disgrace that we're the state we're in.

What?

You've completely changed your point.

My point is he's not a decent player. He's a bang average defender at best and that's why he's signed for a club like ours.

Oh gawd, woe is us, doom and gloom jeezus man, can't you give it a rest for one page of posts?

It's the frickin summer, close season not even pre-season, if we're struggling come crimbo you're gonna end up topping yourself!!!

Oh sorry, I must be the only one who isn't over the moon about this..oh wait.

I've not been 'over the moon' about plenty of our signings in the past, and have been proved wrong so better just to see how it pans out.

I think we all agree he's better than baker so it has improved then squad which is probably about the best we can hope for this summer, marginal improvement

BJ - "over the moon"

edit - in response to your asking where you have quoted 'over the moon'

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Sorry mate, you're only allowed to be either 'over the moon' or depressed/angry with everything.

, it's just another signing that shows the level the owner has dragged us to.

no disagreement at all and my post should not be read about me being happy about this,  but merely to show an understanding of why we have signed him

RL is a cancer that is slowly killing this club.  We need to get rid of him quick.

I am ok with Senderos but he is the best we couldve hoped for in the situation.   That is a bad situation to be in.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 2

Asked my mate who supports Fulham and he described Senderos as slow and makes a huge mistake every game!

However I don't think it is that bad a signing and I rate him as better than Clark and Baker so the squad has been improved IMO.

Welcome Phillipe - prove the doubters wrong.

Fulham fans said that about Knight and he only made a mistake every maybe 5 games ;)

• Like 1

Sorry mate, you're only allowed to be either 'over the moon' or depressed/angry with everything.

, it's just another signing that shows the level the owner has dragged us to.

no disagreement at all and my post should not be read about me being happy about this, but merely to show an understanding of why we have signed him

Yeah I completly understand why we've signed him. There's no way we're bringing quality into the squad this summer.

People we crying out for experience and we've got it. I don't see what the issue is. It's blatantly obvious we are/were never going to make any signings that we'd all agree were very good whilst the club is up for sale. We are only doing what most promoted teams do anyway, i.e. sign (old) supposedly past their best players for nothing. 

I think we'll be surprised by Senderos. I think he'll do a job and add some experience into the mix. 

We have to stop shipping goals somehow

I read somewhere earlier last season we conceded something like 61 rediculous

If Senderos will help us do this so be it but hopefully Okore will be ahead of him and he's just on the bench as insurance

The vast majority of goals we concede are because of our none existant midfield anyway or we get the basics wrong which is criminal and happened far to often last season

You will be punished for the slightest mistake in the premier league we made far too many it is that simple

I can't work out how to embed the video straight into the post rather than linking off...if anyone can point me in the right direction much appreciated

Haha poor guy. I'm not sure he even realises what he has said.

• Like 1

It's easy to say someone makes a mistake every game. It's nothign more than over exaggeration and people looking for excuses. Your keeper makes an eror its most likely a goal. Your defender makes an error its most likely either a goal or an attempt on goal. your midfielder makes an error he has got his defense to give him some back up. Your striker makes an error, he's got two further layers of defense behind him.

Add to that that its easier for any defender to play behind world class strikers and midfielders and play alongside world class fellow defenders. Makes life for any footballer much easier and i would argue that if you put Senderos in the middle of Man City's or Chelsea's defense then he wouldn't necessarily look that bad. De Michelis is I think in the argentina squad for the world cup (one of the favourites) and no one really rated him that much last season. what would it have been like had he been playhing for us!

There are 11 players in a team and all 11 will influence the play on the pitch in some way. A defender can be exposed and be put in an impossible situation without it being his fault. It could be his fellow players or even (let's not forget) the brilliant play of the other 11 players on the pitch trying to beat you. Everyone has a mistake in them which is clearly their fault but defenders and keepers are more epxposed to fan abuse than othjers because of the consequences of their mistakes.

All i;m saying is that I'm not convinced Senderos is as bad as all that. A good defender in a crap team is still going to struggle week in week out and end up in a relegation battle. You could probably have put John terry in Fulham's or our team last season and he probably wouldn't have looked half as good as he would playing for Chelsea. He's still the same player though.

I think its a decent signing.

I asked a mate of mine, who is a Fulham season ticket holder, what he thought about him. Here is his reply:

Absolute garbage. In a bad team, he was one of our worst. Constantly caught out of position. And, without fail, one embarrassingly calamitous moment per game, guaranteed.

I for one see this as an improvement. Baker and Clark wouldn't play as many games at arsenal as he had. They wouldn't play for Milan and valencia wouldn't want them. I'd also be certain they wouldn't get in Fulham team. Definitely an improvement

Edited by Tezvilla

I asked a mate of mine, who is a Fulham season ticket holder, what he thought about him. Here is his reply:

Absolute garbage. In a bad team, he was one of our worst. Constantly caught out of position. And, without fail, one embarrassingly calamitous moment per game, guaranteed.

Sounds about right.

With Senderos signing it will mean one less job for Vlaar to do. He currently has his own job, he looks after the left centre-back,  and also looks after the right back. Sign a decent right back and he can concentrate on his own job.

Â