Philippe Senderos

samjp26

He was very good at the beginning of the season before his injury - his freeze out is a little bit surprising as he's better than the rest that we have at the back. Good luck to him if he's off. I hope it means we've got someone lined up.

Senderos leaving doesn’t necessarily mean another CB coming in, we have 4 centrebacks that don’t look like leaving (Richards, Clark, Baker, Okore). Also young Donacien(sp?) that can be used in emergencies.

If we get one, it needs to be someone of considerably better quality otherwise there’s no point. I really think Sherwood believes Richards is that man of greater quality so has already got his man.

Senderos leaving doesn’t necessarily mean another CB coming in, we have 4 centrebacks that don’t look like leaving (Richards, Clark, Baker, Okore). Also young Donacien(sp?) that can be used in emergencies.

If we get one, it needs to be someone of considerably better quality otherwise there’s no point. I really think Sherwood believes Richards is that man of greater quality so has already got his man.

Reckon Baker out on loan. Sherwood wants him to play a full season. He wont get that here

Baker out on loan (after someone else is in due to us having no fit subs bar Baker) + Donacien out on loan. Will make the space for one new CB. Which I believe will happen.
The possibility of Senderos leaving means we could start thinking about a whole new pair of CB's.

off to Turkey?

Where's he going - Antalya, Bodrum, Marmaris or Side package holiday or private Villa?  - it's quite hot at the moment (39 degrees) and he'd enjoy his hols there! He'd have to put a lot of sun cream especially on his head - don't want his brains frazzled! Lucky sod!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm flying to Turkey tomorrow evening from BHX so will keep my eye out.

Will have plenty of time as still not talking to Mrs RV having booked our flights to coincide with our historic Friday night home season opening match  :rolleyes:

He might be you :-)

Fixed.

Looks like he is off. We need a CB :)

I dont think he did much wrong at Villa but just was never ment to be.

I just hope we have somebody at the Fonte of the queue to replace him

Edited by midian

So is Senderlols going then? If he's fit then I'd play him, I like Clark but I think a pairing of Richards and Senderos at CBs would be good. Senderos can organise a defence well, we saw that at the start of last season when our defence were a miles better when he was in it (at the start of the season). Obv I haven't seen him train this year and if Tim thinks he's no good then fair enough, but why let him go to buy another 30+ defender?

Edited by alreadyexists

Â