Raising money for the Bobby Moore Fund

djdabush

I'm doing the 'Run for Moore' charity run in Heaton Park, Manchester on the 3rd June. It's all in aid of the Bobby Moore Fund, a charity which raises money for research into bowel cancer.

I know that very few of you know me on here and that sponsorship is asking a lot, but I think it's a really great cause and any little donation helps. Don't be put off by the one donation so far, most of the money raised is being raised offline!

I'm going to add a link to the site for the Bobby Moore fund and to my sponsorship page. Thanks for your help!

Bobby Moore Fund

My Sponsorship Page

Hello mate, just sponsored you £20 online. This is very close to my heart, having being off work with bowel cancer for the last 12 mths, and being diagnosed at 31. Im going back to work in 2 weeks after having 3 ops and 6 mths of chemo. But so far so good im in the clear and feeling good. Fair play to you for doing the run. Im looking to do a 10k run around sutton park in Oct for cancer research. Let me know how you get on.

nick

• 4 weeks later...

Well the sponsorship has gone really well, I'm probably going to double my original target. I haven't had much chance to train but still hoping to do run it in less than 22 mins. We shall see!

Just a quick update, I did the run today and finished in 26 mins. I'm slightly disappointed with the time, but the course was a bit of a killer, especially in the sun. However, it was a really great day and it was good to see Stephanie Moore there.

Another big thank you to those of you that sponsored me, it was greatly appreciated!