England v Peru

andykeenan

We have the players to play a false 9 (no strikers)

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Gerrard Henderson

Wilshire

Lallana Barkley Sterling

Sturridge and Rooney are powderpuff anyway compared to the Saurez, Forlan, Cavani, and Balotelli, Rossi and Cassano.  I'd rather have those strikers than ours. 

What logic is bizarre. We have the players to play that system. It's not one England are used to playing so somehow I doubt it will happen.

I would love it if Gerrard, Wilshere, Lallana, Barkley and Sterling were all on the pitch at the same time.

That's not a 433. I don't know what a false 9 formation is supposed to look like.

Sturridge was playing next to Suarez. Until he can score 20 on his own for a season carrying a team (like Benteke) people will still ask the question how good is he really.

Rooney is past his peak - even Paul Scholes has said it.

I like Ricky Lambert and he would be useful against Costa Rica when hopefully we won't need to rely on a fast counter-attack. I wouldn't be surprised if he started tomorrow against Peru.

Pretty sure Sturridge scored plenty while Suarez was out injured or suspended at the end of last seasons and beginning of this.

Sorry Con you are a Jekyll and Hyde poster in my eyes, some interesting points and plenty of others made just for the sake of controversy.

I suppose its good to think out of the box but it is difficult to know when to take you seriously.

• Like 1

Con, what makes you think barkley can play as a false 9?

Has he got any experience whatsoever of playing that role?

Have any of the players around him in that formation got any experience of playing that system?

Why would you leave out one of the best strikers in the league this season (Sturridge)?

(Sturridge has a better scoring record without Suarez than with him)

Why would you play 5 central midfielders in the same team?

Have you actually thought this through, or have you just vomited the names of players you like into a post and come up with a team?

No feeding please.

I'm getting more excited for the WC now.

I hope it isn't a drab match, that would dampen some enthusiasm.

I predict a sparkling 4-0 win, Sterling to be the new great white hope and expectations of a World Cup win to start building from here.

Based on that prediction I have just invested in 4.5 million St George flags which I shall be selling out the front of Asda's across the country

Edited by villaglint

No feeding please.

I'm getting more excited for the WC now.

I hope it isn't a drab match, that would dampen some enthusiasm.

I predict a sparkling 4-0 win, Sterling to be the new great white hope and expectations of a World Cup win to start building from here.

Based on that prediction I have just invested in 4.5 million St George flags which I shall be selling out the front of Asda's across the country

Ommmm. You dun goof'd

Con, what makes you think barkley can play as a false 9?

Has he got any experience whatsoever of playing that role?

Have any of the players around him in that formation got any experience of playing that system?

Why would you leave out one of the best strikers in the league this season (Sturridge)?

(Sturridge has a better scoring record without Suarez than with him)

Why would you play 5 central midfielders in the same team?

That stuff about Sturridge is good news. However, should remember Suarez raised the form of the whole Liverpool team and that form doesn't just drop off in one game if one player is out, even if it is the most influential player. 

Have you actually thought this through, or have you just vomited the names of players you like into a post and come up with a team?

With the exception of Henderson they're my pick of the talent. Henderson like Sturridge may have had a Suarez effect on his form.  

I make an exception for Sterling because I feel that his form, especially late in the season, had nothing to do with Suarez.

Anyway, who else is at the game tonight? I'll be at Wembley and I will report back some first-hand witness accounts of the game.

All I'd say is throwing a load of players onto the pitch, seemingly regardless of system or position, because you think they're the best we've got is a terrible way to set out a team.

Anyway, who else is at the game tonight? I'll be at Wembley and I will report back some first-hand witness accounts of the game.

Cool, just remember to switch your Predator mask to heat mode before kick-off.

• Like 1

Con - I hope you're within earshot of Roy so if things don't go to plan after 10 mins or so you just scream non stop profanities at him about why he isn't playing Barkley as a false 9

Edited by villaglint

Lallana played on right for a lot of the season.

I don't think he has the pace to play on the right.

I'd play him on the left or centrally.

Edited by TRS-T

Â